Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Parker on tomorrow's clash

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
From the Bexley Times

CHARLTON take on neighbouring rivals Crystal Palace tomorrow in one of the Championship's most eagerly-awaited derby tussles for many years.

The Addicks got one over Palace earlier on in the campaign when Svetoslav Todorov produced a bit of magic at Selhurst Park to hand his side a 1-0 win.

Back then, the Eagles were struggling under Peter Taylor's guidance, but now they are really flying with Neil Warnock at the helm.

That seems to be the biggest difference since they last locked horns - Crystal Palace have moved up two gears.

They are a lot more resilient at the back than previously and, although Charlton have obvious quality, they have been hampered by inconsistency all season; it's such a difficult game to call.

The Valley can be a really noisy place to play, but I wouldn't say it's an intimidating ground.

Most people will be expecting Charlton to win because they're at home, but they blow hot and cold. You just never know what you're going to get from Alan Pardew's side and that's why I can't pick a clear favourite.

Charlton need the three points if they're going to have any chance of going up automatically, but Palace also have playoff aspirations.

I've played in many derbies over the years and I always found the London games more difficult.

When I was at Manchester United there was a huge gulf between us and City, but in the capital, it's always tough.

It's difficult for London sides to win things because they have so many more ultra-competitive games in a season, there's so much pride at stake and so many teams vying for it.

Comments