Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Mike Flanagan Stand

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
While I was following the Paralysis links on 'The Great Palace Windup' thread, I came across this little gem from our Stripey Weasel friends:

" ......Nobody has ever pointed out (yet) that the Away end at Charlton should be named the Mike Flanagan Stand - NOT the Jimmy Seed Stand.

It was only after the over inflated fee (the same can be said of the player) for said Flan - £800,000, that Charlton could afford to put that stand up. How we ever managed to pay so much for that fat waster is beyond me, but I think a certain Terry Venables is to blame.

As far as I'm concerned, Charlton should be forced by an Act of Parliament to recognise their debt to Crystal Palace and rename their Away End - 'The Palace End' - I don't suppose they will though, the ungrateful pikey scum."

So there we have it. There is no Jimmy Seed Stand, not even an anonymous South Stand.

But folks be eternally grateful to the Stripey Weasels. It's officially the Mike Flanagan Stand otherwise known as 'The Palace End'.

On Friday night only, for little more than an hour and a half, they could just be right.

Comments

• Options
    I still dont get the use of the term pikey!!!

Charlton being in Greenwich is stylish and the centre of the known World ... Palarse is in Croydon?????
  • Options
    Goes back to us ground sharing with them, used to be they called us Gypo's though.

I'd defo much rather live in Greenwich than Croydon....
  • Options
    Do Gypsey stroke pikeys share Palace fans homes then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thecrazyaddick[/cite]Goes back to us ground sharing with them, used to be they called us Gypo's though.

I'd defo much rather live in Greenwich than Croydon....

Didn't they call the Portacabin a Caravan - hence Gypos/Pikeys?
  • Options
    Didn't we call Sellout Park a sh*t hole...... ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Didn't we call Sellout Park a sh*t hole...... ?

We still do
  • Options
    i ventured over to croydon last night to see my daughter in a schools concert,i had to fumigate myself when i got home.Palace scum
  • Options
    I had to go to ikea on Tuesday night in Croyden, and the journey there and back was awful! Palace kebabs, The Palace Tavern, *shudders* horrible place.
  • Options
    tut tut Suzi....use the bridge and go to Lakeside.....we cant have you wandering around Scumville