Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henry....is this true?

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Having backed the well-received Minutes Applause for the passing of members of the Addicks faithful, Charlton Life can exclusively reveal that Director Ben Hayes is fronting arguably the most contraversial presentation in Charlton’s history.

Despite expecting a plethora of abuse from his fellow supporters, the fan-elected representative is heading an initiative to try and ease the growing tensions between the rival South London clubs.

“The hatred generated towards our friends from Selhurst Park appears to be growing year by year” said the 47-year old Bromley resident. “Quite simply, it is unjustifiable, and shows both our club and supporters in a bad light. Now is the time to draw it to a close”.

Despite growing opinion that his views will not be shared by fellow fans, Hayes has arranged for the presentation of a silver salver on behalf of the club, to be made on the pitch prior to the kick-off of Friday’s South London showdown. Receiving the salver will be Crystal Palace chairman, Simon Jordan.

The salver will be inscribed with the words “In friendship, we thank you“, in relation to the time Charlton spent sharing Selhurst Park in the mid-nineties.

“Recognition of our thanks to Crystal Palace are long overdue” enthused Hayes. “All true Charlton fans know in their hearts that it was Crystal Palace, and their warm hospitality, that helped save and secure the future of our club. We were welcomed with open arms to Selhurst and its surrounding areas”.

“The growing animosity shown by our intellectually-challenged supporters is simply not shared by myself, and the vast majority of Charlton fans, who all have fond memories of our time spent in a great sporting arena. Now is the time to show that gratitude”.

Charlton supporters will be encouraged to participate in a Minutes Applause ahead of kick-off to show their collective thanks to their South London Counterparts, while on the big screen images of Selhurst Park will be shown as a fond reminder.

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan said he was “stunned” by the planned presentation. “There can be no doubting that this presentation is fully justified, and should have been made to our club a long time before now”, enthused Jordan. “Recent events led to believe that it would never be forthcoming, so in that respect i’m stunned”.

“I could never understand the dislike Charlton directed towards us. We saved them after all. For Christ sakes, we even allowed them a portakabin in the car park to operate from ! We could only put it down to jealousy as we could not of done more to make them feel at home”.

from news shopper

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    Good lord, please tell me you're not being serious, you'll make us look us silly as the addickted and BBS!

Thread at top of forum...
  • Options
    DELETE, just seen the article on the blog....very funny!
  • Options
    Yes.

Make sure you boo Ben when he walks on the pitch. I'm planning water balloons
  • Options
    and wss, what's wrong with addickted? ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]and wss, what's wrong with addickted? ;)
    Nowt mate. By the way, Harvey and Floyd will be wearing Palace shirts on Friday...
  • Options
    god i feel like a tit
  • Options
    don't worry, you're not alone.

One of my better efforts
  • Options
    Harvey and Floyd should jump Henry if it does happen
  • Options
    very well played
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Harvey and Floyd should jump Henry if it does happen[/quote]

I could have them any time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought we stayed there in the mid eighties... ;-)
  • Options
    we're not all twats on addickted...
  • Options
    Now as this is a joke will Mr Jordan find it funny or will Henry get the bullet from his job with CAFC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Now as this is a joke will Mr Jordan find it funny or will Henry get the bullet from his job with CAFC

Well considering Henry didn't write it, then probably not. On the other hand AFKA's chances of replacing him, may have taken a nose dive...!!! :-)