Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Watching another Club like Cheating on your Wife/Girlfriend?

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Have been offered a ticket for Arsenal vs Liverpool on Sunday & feel obliged to accept cos (i) The Football should be pretty good (ii) New Stadium (iii) No worrying about the result as it's not us & will have no bearing on our season fullstop.

Still always feel a little guilty as going to football not to watch your team but someone else's, isn't it a bit like seeing someone behind your Girlfriend/Wife's back ?

Comments

• Options
    No. It's a game of football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Have been offered a ticket for Arsenal vs Liverpool on Sunday & feel obliged to accept cos (i) The Football should be pretty good (ii) New Stadium (iii) No worrying about the result as it's not us & will have no bearing on our season fullstop.

Still always feel a little guilty as going to football not to watch your team but someone else's, isn't it a bit like seeing someone behind your Girlfriend/Wife's back ?

Its all good fun mate, going to watch a game of premiership football without the pressure of your team playing so can enjoy the game, makes it even better if its a freebie!!

I'd say you were barking mad if you didn't go.
  • Options
    Depends if you start singing 'O South London is full of sheet'....
  • Options
    I agree with mortain.
  • Options
    And you might even get the added bonus of watching Wenger throw another paddy if liverpool have he audacity to beat them
  • Options
    I'm probably going to Spuds soon (no clash with us though!) as one of my nephews is going to be a mascot.

I intend enjoying the game as a neutral. I just hope Murphy is well out of it though!
  • Options
    Nah Boo him anyway Len..!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Is Watching another Club like Cheating on your Wife?

No, I am not interested in watching another club!

In your situation I would not be interested in the tickets.
  • Options
    It's only a game of football, isn't it? No pressure, and you'll have a different viewpoint on the game. And it should be a good match as well.
  • Options
    I get quite a few corporate freebies in my line of work and would always generally use them, personally I just enjoy watching football and if it's not Charlton then I tend to often enjoy it a bit more !!..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way Dude! I go an see Ipswich quite a lot as a mate is a ST holder and his other mate works shifts.

Makes me realise we don't have it too bad!!
  • Options
    Until the penalty for watching another club is HH or Elk coming round my house to cut my plums off, watching another club is nothing like cheating on your other half!!