Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Homebrew

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cheers, but Wilco only do kits and spaymalt. People selling malt on eBay are charging double and beyond for pale malt. Top price should be £2.50 a kg.
  • Options
    I've never bought online from this guy so I can't comment on his delivery service (tbh I was surprised he had a website, he doesn't seem like that sort of bloke). Whenever I've been in the shop he's been very helpful though.

https://beersunlimited.co.uk/product-category/beer-brewing/beer-brewing-ingredients/grains/
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I've never bought online from this guy so I can't comment on his delivery service (tbh I was surprised he had a website, he doesn't seem like that sort of bloke). Whenever I've been in the shop he's been very helpful though.

https://beersunlimited.co.uk/product-category/beer-brewing/beer-brewing-ingredients/grains/
    Thanks for the share, not bad prices. Sadly only delivers to SS postcodes.
  • Options
    Home brew, oh home brew.
    Reminds me of years ago when I was young, fit and stupid.
    My wife and I used to make home brew in quantity. 
    Mixed fruit wine fermented in cider, gooseberry champagne and all manner of beers.
    I'd decided to make some 'Strong Ale' from a recipe gleaned from somewhere.
    But, instead of making it to the recipe, I decided to produce the stuff in double the strength by increasing the amount of sugar.
    "Your never going to drink that discussing looking stuff" said my wise wife as we bottled the fermented brew.
    "Of course I am my angel" I said with a certain amount of trepidation.

Now in those days I was a fit young man spending Friday nights at the university of East Anglia with my mates playing five a side football, chucking in a game of squash and if we had the energy, finishing off with a sauna.
    This Friday night activity continued for a few decades thanks to a couple of my mates belonged to the staff association which had the use of the sports center of Friday nights.  

So it was after one such Friday night I arrived home with a thirst that only the sinking copious amounts of my home brew beer could satisfy.
    I selected the first bottle of my 'Strong Ale' to sample.
    "Your not going to drink that stuff" said my disgusted wife, as she was off to bed and unable to share my latest brew due to work commitments the next day.
    I settled in my favorite chair in front of the telly and started to sup my latest creation.
    'Not bad' I thought as the first pint found its way to my stomach.
    I'd decided that another pint would go down quite well, but found it difficult to stand.
    Not sure why, but I remember pointing to the t.v to throw some abuse at a t.v. program.
    Nothing came out of my mouth.
    The ale had rendered me speechless.
    I dragged myself out of my chair and tried to make it across the room.
    My legs were wide apart and I swayed from side to side.
    I crawled on all fours up the stairs spider like and into bed and there I stayed until just before my wife returned from work.
    "How was your new beer"? she asked.
    "Err not bad" I lied.
    " You left the t.v. and lights on when you came to bed" she said accusingly.
    "Did I". 
    I never touched that brew again, waiting for a suitable length of time before disposing it down the sink.
    Good memories though.         

• Options
    The government have said dont book summer holidays while the foreign office has the indefinitely advice on
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Stig said:

Thanks for the share, not bad prices. Sadly only delivers to SS postcodes.
    That's a shame. Perhaps they should change their name to, Beers Unlimited.