Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slow start to the week, so Im listening to....

TELTEL
edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
Severed Heads.....Dead eyes open

Comments

• Nothing, as music is the office would have be fired in seconds.

However I put Wonder What's Next & This Type of Thinking by Chevelle on my ipod this morning.
  • Going to see The Levellers and The Cure next month (not at the same time!) so been listening to a lot of their stuff recently.
  • I've got Vampire Weekend album to listen to as I drive home this evening.
  • I'm downloading the Lancashire Hotpots when I get in tonight
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I've got Vampire Weekend album to listen to as I drive home this evening.

You're in for a treat Suzi! I listened to it a couple of times at the weekend and first impressions are really good. Especially 'Walcott' - which is a great song (I don't think it's about Theo).
  • I have listened to it before, i just listen to the radio in the mornings :-)

tis indeed great!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I have listened to it before, i just listen to the radio in the mornings :-)

tis indeed great!

Sounds interesting - what type of music is it?
  • Not more Lad rock is it?
  • edited February 2008
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Not more Lad rock is it?

is that a new type of genre you've made up?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Not more Lad rock is it?

Kind of, whenever I think of Kasbian type bands, it just me thinks of suburban lads thinking it's the music high point of the last 100 years.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Not more Lad rock is it?

Kind of, whenever I think of Kasbian type bands, it just me thinks of suburban lads thinking it's the music high point of the last 100 years.
  • well, i don't like kasabian if that helps.

they're hard to describe, I don't like to pigeon hole bands to be hoenst, great pop songs, if you listen and can't tap your foot along then there is something wrong with you.
  • I can't stop listening to Bat for Lashes and ELO at the moment
  • ELO - not the ELO? Good they were awful
  • I never got ELO.

or

Barclays James Harvest
  • I think Kasabian are an amazing act, as are The Twang, The Enemy, Oasis et al.

Do Arctic Monkeys count as lad rock? Or Reverend and the makers? Or The Verve? Or Pigeon Detectives?

HELP?!?!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Going to see The Levellers and The Cure next month (not at the same time!) so been listening to a lot of their stuff recently.[/quote]

Levellers are great live :)

Not listened to any of their albums for yonks, 'A Weapon Called the Word' was my favourite.
  • dog on a string music that
  • dog, on a string?????

ya wha??!!??
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: GloucAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Going to see The Levellers and The Cure next month (not at the same time!) so been listening to a lot of their stuff recently.

Not listened to any of their albums for yonks, 'A Weapon Called the Word' was my favourite.

Levelling the Land:-
    "....... there's only One Way of Life - and that's your own, that's your own, that's own ......"

Levellers still doing loads of gigs & festies every year.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I never got Barclays James Harvest
    Come on!! Mockingbird was one of the great songs of my youth. I remember seeing them live at the Royal Festival Hall in 1974, with full orchestral backing. LOL.
  • Favourite Dance Track in my DJ sets at the Moment is Ultra Nate's Automatic, a house version of the old pointers sisters track. The Girls love it......
  • Dem biaches dig yo shizzle Ketmeister, yo is disGUSTin!
  • Posted By: GloucAddick
    Posted By: stonemuse
    Going to see The Levellers and The Cure next month (not at the same time!) so been listening to a lot of their stuff recently.

Levelling the Land:- "....... there's only One Way of Life - and that's your own, that's your own, that's own ......"

Levellers still doing loads of gigs & festies every year.

Saw them at the Le Mans 24 hour last year, they were fantastic.