Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Excuse to leave work early on Friday

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
So who is leaving early ?

You booked time off?
Throwing a sickie?
or leaving half day ?

Ive told mine i have a hospital appointment so need to leave at 1.00pm

Comments

• Options
    Just told 'em I'm leaving early to go to football, if you don't like it tough!!!!
  • Options
    Booked the day off as soon as the fixture was announced, one of my big bosses is Palace and asked me why I was wanting that day (on the wind up thought he was being funny blah blah) I told him I was needing the time off to bash Palace fans.

He has started to see the funny side
  • Options
    i cant think of one but i know from about 3pm i will be sat here with the hump.
  • Options
    why are you going to have the hump? We have the scum down at our place at 7.45pm its going to be a great atmosphere
  • Options
    because i would rather be in the pub with my friends then sitting in an office till 5.30.
  • Options
    Booked off, have virgin media man coming round to make my tele work, then i will be in charlton at about 2 ish! bring it on!
  • Options
    There's always afterwards Curb it....I'll be planning to get to Bartrams about 6.15pm..... a couple before and another couple after...sounds about right.
  • Options
    booked half day.
    finish at 12ish.
    home.
    shower.
    fed.
    watered.
    pub hopefully between 2 and 3.
  • Options
    on it from 12 in london.
  • Options
    got little joe with me but i think i will bus it from orpington so i can have a couple of sherbets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    get the train stephen!
  • Options
    no good connections im nearer st mary cray,i can get a 51 all the way to woolwich and get a lift home.
  • Options
    anyone want to pick me up about 4'ish?
  • Options
    Got the day off, played it honest with my boss, always the best day.

"Want to go on the las all day Friday, won't be coming in all day, thanks"

Works a charm.
  • Options
    Got the day off, played it honest with my boss, always the best day.

"Want to go on the lash all day Friday, won't be coming in all day, thanks"

Works a charm.
  • Options
    finishing about midday.. straight to pub, bit of lunch & a barrel of beer
  • Options
    you got a stutter stu?
  • Options
    I do indeed nolly
  • Options
    no offers then?
  • Options
    Sorry Steve, will be over the limit by 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope LOL

Dont drive and if i did would be on the piss so could not
  • Options
    Best excuse is that I don't need one....
  • Options
    Well looks like most have been honest LOL

Oh well im the only lier
  • Options
    I booked the day off when the fixture was moved.

Am going to the game with a P*lace fan though, does anyone else think this is weird? My brother is refusing to drink with me pre match because of the E*gle!

It's a traditional thing for us though, always very enjoyable when we beat them and nice to have bragging rights. Hopefully Friday will be no different...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: YTS[/cite]Am going to the game with a P*lace fan though, does anyone else think this is weird?

weirdo.
    :-)
  • Options
    Just say 'Your making Plans for Nigel'

XTC circa 1980 something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: YTS[/cite]I booked the day off when the fixture was moved.

Am going to the game with a P*lace fan though, does anyone else think this is weird? My brother is refusing to drink with me pre match because of the E*gle!

It's a traditional thing for us though, always very enjoyable when we beat them and nice to have bragging rights. Hopefully Friday will be no different...

At least you'll have the opportunity to not only sing "when I was a little bity boy etc" you'll also have the opportunity to participate while you sing.
  • Options
    Steve get a bus to woolwich and meet me in the Wetherspoons i should be well hammered by then. Can head of to Cons club if you want from there
  • Options
    Thats were im starting with 2 mates in Woolwich after my pie and mash of course need to fill teh belly first.
  • Options
    we need these badges AFKA b4 friday so we can all recognise each other if not any ideas on how to spot a lifer