Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halford for moo2

Would any of you be tempted to replace moo2 with Halford,I'm just a little unsure on moo2's distribution at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    thomas and cook Sharon and Sam out
  • Options
    Moo2 playing at home bombing down the wing is an important part of Pards' attacking strategy - and allows the midfield to get a hold of the game.
  • Options
    considering I have no idea what Halford is like NO.

He's been to 2 prem teams and cannot get a game so not for me yet.

Moo2 made a mistake yeah granted but it happens you can't bomb him just for that.
  • Options
    not so much the mistake more his distribution for me,he bombs forward but gets to their box and looks like he doesn't know what to do with it.It was just reading what the sunderland fan said about Halford's crosses that made me bring up the discussion.Don't get me wrong moots is very young and imo very raw and will only get better.
  • Options
    Nope stick with Moo
  • Options
    We know Moo2's defending ain't great but gives us great pace going forward and like Oggy says should help the midfield.

Maybe away from home Halford could come in, not that you want to chop and change. Perhaps try him at Sheff Wed.
  • Options
    No, not yet. Clearly needs to work on his distribution, and his positional awareness, but we were all so excited a few weeks ago by the pace that suddenly came into the side; the 2 full-backs, Varney, & McLeod. The only one of them really to excel has been Youga, but as Oggy says, Moo2's become an important part of the plan, allowing the midfield to play. I believe Halford's strengths are mainly attacking anyway.
  • Options
    Think Halford will be playing a back up roll. Moo2 made a pretty silly mistake, but I think overall he will come good...nice to have options though.
  • Options
    Stick with Moo2, good full back, makes a difference going forward and usually is defensively sound, one silly mistake can be over looked, will murder his confidence if dropped for that as well.
  • Options
    Halford for me

everyone else is scoring from long throwins and seeing as we can not cross a ball for toffee i will go for halford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thats assuming somebody can head the ball nth......lol
  • Options
    possibly for away games particularly with his long throw
  • Options
    what heading on away games only razil

I forgot about our inability to head on saturday
  • Options
    exactly mate....
    :-)
  • Options
    I dont think moo2's distribution is bad at all, he has been putting in better crosses than lloyd!I think yassin is a big asset to our side, he has got a lot of pace...at the end of the day, he will never lose his ability to bomb down the wings but he can always be working on his positional play, so keep him in i say and let him learn from mistakes!He will become a very good player, you have to just remember guys, the lad who is coming onto criticism now had an absolutely brilliant game a few days earlier against stoke!
    I think yassin will scare palace's slow defence shitless so NO, no halford please keep yassin the assasin in there!
  • Options
    I like this back four.

I know individually they have their weak points but collectively they seem to gel. I know mistakes have been made but a consistent back four is a good platform.

Im sure all our classic defensive partnerships had good and bad points. Eddie Youds Im sure had some weakness. Probably Rufus too but I cant for the hell think what it might have been other than his goal tally was a bit low.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I like this back four.

I know individually they have their weak points but collectively they seem to gel. I know mistakes have been made but a consistent back four is a good platform.

Im sure all our classic defensive partnerships had good and bad points. Eddie Youds Im sure had some weakness. Probably Rufus too but I cant for the hell think what it might have been other than his goal tally was a bit low.

Eddie Youds was as slow as PaddyMac. But he was a good organiser, good in the air and an absolute brick sh*thouse if you tried to run through him. But he held that defence together the way Paddy Mac is doing today.

The thing I like most about the current back four, 3 of them are lightening quick and generally very good breaking from defence, quickly involving the midfield. The other sits back and generally holds his position and the shape of the defence.