Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

missing list

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
every player must give hes all friday,not talking about having a bad game talking about not putting in the effort,anyone who dares not put there heart in,will get in the neck come next home game.

Comments

• Options
    Nolly as posted on here so oten other teams see us as a big scalp, a premiership club etc etc, we should therefore be doing what you suggest against Palace in every game to combat this.

Bristol City have come up and are doing a fine job because their players have raised their game and if they can do it why can't we?

Im afraid there may be to many hidden agenda's going on as it was no secret that during the transfer window it was a one in one out policy all along. We bought Gray knowing Reid was going.

Pards wanted four strikers at the start of the season and then we lost Toddy. OK Dickson then emerged but he is no Todorov so in order to give Pardew his full compliment of strikers back we sign Gray but a club of our stature should not be in a position where to be able to fund that deal we had to sell our best player.

Behind closed doors they all knew Reidy was going that's why Gray came in and I'd have just loved it if it would have backfired and the Reidy deal would have fallen through.

We made nearly £2m on the Reid deal taking away the cost of Gray, a central midfielder who can score the goals Reidy would have done should have been brought in.

I hope Cook does well for us but I disagree with Pardews comments that he is a like for like player with Andy Reid, he hasn't played for ages for starters and he is an out and out winger Reidy played in the middle.
  • Options
    agree reams,cook is no reid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]
    We made nearly £2m on the Reid deal taking away the cost of Gray, a central midfielder who can score the goals Reidy would have done should have been brought in.

Who exactly would you suggest?
  • Options
    Fabregas or
    Gerrard

Cant understand why it hasnt happened
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Fabregas or
    Gerrard

Cant understand why it hasnt happened

It's because Murray has been stealing the family silver for the past few years peanutman - selling off our assets and putting the cash in his pocket. He's like that you know - not a real fan and only in it for the cash/ego trip. He's also from another planet and possesses telepathic and mind altering powers, which is why he hasn' been rumbled yet.

Honestly, it's true I tell thee - Fox Mulder ..... sorry, I meant reamsofverse told me so!!!
  • Options
    If you look at the small picture Reams is right, profits are being made on deals, but the bigger picture we're a club in debt. Speculate to accumulate but remmeber your house is at risk if you don't achieve the target.

Imagine this conversation:-

Hi Peter, how you doing?

I'm Ok David, how you doing against your target?

Champions League, no problem Peter.

Thats good David.

Oh, but Peter I could do with buying a couple more players and Smithy needs a pay increase,

That would guarantee Champions League would it David, cause if we miss those millions could spell a bit of trouble here at Elland Road.

Guaranteed,No problem Peter.

Dennis, just found a transcript of one of Risdale and O'Leary's meetings, wanna listen? Dennis, Dennis???

Just seen him driving out of the car park Mr Bates