Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Commitment

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
I am sorry but every time we lose Pards comes out with that term. They are highly paid players. I work at work with commitment for a faction of what they get paid so Pards its what we should have every week we need the skill and guile to win games not just commitment

Comments

• Options
    I agree we should expect 100% commitment as they are pros.....I don't think we have got what it takes to get out of this division. We just sold our most skilful player and to me that just shows the boards lack of commitment to gettin out of here. When you look at the journeymen we have bought and then look at who we have sold. We are going to be here for while boys get used to it.....
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Agreed will somebody convince the Chaairman that we will never forget what he has done for us but now it's time to sell the club to people who will provide money for new players.

Mr Murray and co have taken us as far as they can so let's not have a Curbishley part two where it all went stale and he left 18 months too late.

We have sold Reid, life goes on but let's all be honest the days have come when we can't buy a player without selling one and more to the point the one in one out policy, that can only happen as long as we make money on it.

Lee Cook a "Like for like for Reidy Pards says" How does he know he hasn't played for months, can't get in Fulhams side and is more injury prone than Reidy.

The message is we can't afford to go up which is camouflaged by the fact that we are not good enough anyway.

One last thing Mr Murray/Pardew if your reading my stats in front of me show that on 4 occasions this season we have had the opportunity to go within 3 points of the top two since we have been out of those places. They also tell me that at the same time we have had another opportunity of putting daylight between us and the chasing pack at the same time.

ON EACH OCCASION RATHER STRANGELY WE HAVE LOST!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Agreed will somebody convince the Chaairman that we will never forget what he has done for us but now it's time to sell the club to people who will provide money for new players.

What makes you think anyone actually wants to buy us?
  • Options
    it's lookin more likely someone doesn't
  • Options
    There is no great conspiracy. The simple fact is that we are just not good enough. Give it another season & we may see that Pards has assembled an excellent team. At the moment, however, we are suffering from major inconsistency; great performances followed by shockingly poor ones.

What Pards needs more than anything is time. Time to get his players used to this division & to one another,time to develop the young players he has brought in, time to sort out an effective defence & time to bolster the confidence of our inexperienced strikers. Unfortunately, us supporters have such high expectations that we are in danger of not giving him the time he needs. I cannot see any way that this newly assembled team is going to win promotion this year. If we did scrape up through the playoffs, it could easily be a totally dispiriting, Derby type year for us next year.

I am happy to give Pards the rest of this season to improve the team so that we can give it a really good go next year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]inconsistency

key word for me, on paper we've got it, perhaps on the training ground we have got it, one saturday we have got it, then the next we fall short not just in one areas, but in all areas... the entire team as a whole as well as individuals are absolutely coated in this and the only way out is hard work, support and time
  • Options
    be nice to go to the next level now,done a great job at charlton the chairman maybe he needs a rest.
  • Options
    We are all disappointed at the result yesterday, of course.

But everyone seems to think that Scunthorpe were just going to limply roll over and die without a fight.
    In their mind's eye they see Charlton as a big club, Prem history and a prize scalp - to them it was like a cup tie.

And that's how they approached the game. In your face, denying time & space on the ball, their game was to stop us playing and snatch a goal if they could.

They had one shot on target the whole game, the chance gifted to them, and they took it.

However we played, we still created plenty of chances yesterday and couldn't take even one of them. That's the real problem.

On Friday, we need to take at least one more chance than Palace.
    If we do, then we are well back on track.
  • Options
    i fancy us friday,so ,much i fact that im gonna put 300 quid on us to win,hopefully get evens.
  • Options
    Jeez, Nolly, 300 smackers ....... are you sure?

We'll make a shedload of chances, but we ain't so good at putting them away .......(!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i fancy us,aint had a big bet for a month or two,due a biggish one,backing enzo to beat haye at mo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Agreed will somebody convince the Chaairman that we will never forget what he has done for us but now it's time to sell the club to people who will provide money for new players.

And hey presto - it's as easy as that!

Why don't you put in a bid Reams?
  • Options
    I think we could with a bit of consistency on here too.

If we beat Palace im sure Murray will be in for a Knighthood. If we lose its the Gallows.

Watford beat Wolves who they lost to convincingly a week before.
    Stoke (narrowly beaten in their last outing!!) beat Cardiff who have been on a good run.
    Bristol City (near the top) lost to QPR (near the bottom).
    Ipswich won away!!!

Its called Football. If it was so easy and predictable it would be boring.
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Mr Murray and co have taken us as far as they can so let's not have a Curbishley part two where it all went stale and he left 18 months too late.

Sell to who Einstein - no good telling Murray to sell without saying who to.

You're a piece of work - as bad as the brothers grim.

I believe Mr Pardew trid to sign Cook before he went to Fulham.
  • Options
    FFS - we beat one of the top sides in the division (Stoke) with a good performance and then we go and give away a silly goal and lose at Scunthorpe and all the bloody doom and gloom merchants are on here straight away.

"Not good enough to go up" - give me a feckin break.

Look who's top, West Brom. They have beaten us once in three games this year and that was only when we lost Iwelumo and Reid during the game to injury at their place when they beat us (deservedly, to be fair) with two late goals.

Second? Watford. They're the bunch who we pissed all over last week and somehow only drew with 1-1 despite playing away from home in conditions that were right up their street.

Third? Bristol City. Yes, that's the team who we beat 1-0 AT THEIR PLACE.

Fourth? Stoke, we just beat them.

Sixth? Ipswich. that's the mob we beat 3-1 at The Valley.

Seventh? Palace, that's the lot who we beat 1-0 AT THEIR PLACE and are playing at The Valley on Friday.

FFS people!!! As Pardew has said this is a strange league where anyone can beat anyone else on their day.

Look at some of the other results this year, as well as our struggles against the lower teams, West Brom have lost at Colchester and Preston while Watford got done 4-0 at Leicester and 3-0 at home to QPR!!!

Saturday was a disappointment but there is no need for this crazy response.
  • Options
    We will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.....all we need is a bit of consistancy and a few scuffed shots to creep into the net and we will be on fire....we have the talent....we as fans have to belive.....we can do this.
  • Options
    Nicely put, Ormy.

When you break it down like that, you can see that nobody is 'guaranteed' promotion at this stage.
    And each team is as fallable as each of the others, regardless of current league position.

We've as good a chance of promotion as anybody.
  • Options
    Didn't go saturday so can't comment ont that perfomance, but come on, we're still in with a great shout, I still believe all we need is one of our strikers to hit some form, which is bound to happen. That's all we're missing at the moment, a couple of goals and the confidence will flow....step up Luke Varney.
  • Options
    "One last thing Mr Murray/Pardew if your reading my stats in front of me show that on 4 occasions this season we have had the opportunity to go within 3 points of the top two since we have been out of those places. They also tell me that at the same time we have had another opportunity of putting daylight between us and the chasing pack at the same time

ON EACH OCCASION RATHER STRANGELY WE HAVE LOST!!"

Yes, let's sack the Chairman - that's bound to help steady the ship! He's obviously hell-bent on not preventing us from catching the top two, and tells the players to make silly mistakes on a slippery pitch against a team fighting fortheir lives. And finding £1.5m for one of the division's leading scorers when the manager asked was just a clever ploy to throw us all off the scent.

No one team in this well-matched division of medioccrity has the stats to suggest they would do anything other than struggle badly next year in the Prem, but we all want the prize, even if it's just for the satisfaction of winning what you set out for. Somehow, it's still very achievable.
  • Options
    our record vs top half teams - won 7, lost 5, drawn 2 - which is the second best - sandwiched between WBA and Stoke.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/vtophalf.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2008
    our record vs BOTTOM half teams - won 6, lost 4, drawn 6 - which is the 15th 'best' - all the other top 7 clubs are streets ahead of us.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/vbothalf.html

we average a paltry 1.50 points per game compared with, for example, Palace 1.77, West Brom 1.96 and Norwich 2.0
  • Options
    our record vs top half teams - won 7, lost 5, drawn 2 - which is the second best - sandwiched between WBA and Stoke.

• Options

• Options
    Theres an echo in here!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]Theres an echo in here!!!!!

Echoes Across The Valley "......Lost again, lost again, lost again ......"