Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just back from scunny

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
On the plus side going by train was great,getting back on the early train was great! The way we played terrible!!!! i would say near on a full allocation of us well done lads.
In my honest opinion we are here for a bit.
JUST BEAT PALARSE!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah just got back about 20 mins ago.

Good turnout from CAFC fans, very bad game though. No excuses we should have beaten Scunny today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]Yeah just got back about 20 mins ago.

Good turnout from CAFC fans, very bad game though. No excuses we should have beaten Scunny today.
    Yes fella,it just guts me we could not at least get a draw, on the plus side me and the chaps i went with made the best of it
  • Options
    I'm knackered.

Eight trains, a good laugh, cheap beer all ruined by a dire performance.
  • Options
    Oh well boy's make's for a great game on friday night. see you there....EAGLES
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]On the plus side going by train was great,getting back on the early train was great! The way we played terrible!!!! i would say near on a full allocation of us well done lads.
    In my honest opinion we are here for a bit.
    JUST BEAT PALARSE!

gotta agree after today i cant see anyway we can finish top two and play offs are not a cert.
  • Options
    Great turn out. Enjoyed the drive there and back, 3.5 hours each way, so cant complain. The team....well just when you thought we had turned the corner......we forget how to compete. Iwelumo on the highligts this morning should have scored....one touch too many.....Moo2 cost us the game as Scunny for all there huff and puff looked as unlikely to score as any team Ive seen this season.....I think despite a win against us, they will drop due to lack of fire power. I think we will see an altogether different performance come friday however
  • Options
    Not there yesterday but from what I have read and heard it was pretty crap from both sides and one mistake cost us the game. I really hope Pardew drills into them the importance of Fridays game not just cause we're playing a shit team but the importance of getting 3 points.
  • Options
    has Moo2 made pradew's job easier for friday.
  • Options
    Was a dire performance. Yet another sell out away game that lead to a poor atmosphere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Was a dire performance. Yet another sell out away game that lead to a poor atmosphere.

we didn't sell out, there were a fair few empty seats towards the left side of the stand.
    scunthorpe holds just under 9000, there was just over 6000 there yesterday and the home areas looked full apart from the nearest block to the right of us.
    still didn't look only two thirds full though.
    agree about the performance from players and lack of atmosphere from fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they get crap crowds every week paul at scunny,mate said only a few seats vacant in our end,well done to those they went.
  • Options
    Problem with new grounds is you tend to get a different support, oldens that like to tick off the box.

Nothing wrong with that but I expected a better atmosphere yesterday.

Only time I get a seat in the back rows and everyone wants to sit down :(
  • Options
    siddarn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Problem with new grounds is you tend to get a different support, oldens that like to tick off the box.

Nothing wrong with that but I expected a better atmosphere yesterday.

agreed, and entirely how i saw yesterday.
  • Options
    siddarn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Only time I get a seat in the back rows and everyone wants to sit down :(

if you wanted to stand you just had to get out of people's way and push your luck with the stewards, they came round and hassled but not much else
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Only time I get a seat in the back rows and everyone wants to sit down :(

if you wanted to stand you just had to get out of people's way and push your luck with the stewards, they came round and hassled but not much else

To give the stewards their due...

After the first 10 mins they only tried to make sure the gangways were clear. They even took my assurance that no one would cause trouble :)

Well, that's another box ticked off!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    To be fair - he took the "Get a proper job" abuse quite well!

Can you imagine seeing any of our stewards in collar & tie? No, thought not.
    Still not quite sure why I took this picture though....