Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And finally.... Ambrose today

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
not a good day at the office, dead ball delivery was consistently poor why oh why did we persist

There got the three things off my chest now for a beer. Nice to see Ms Lat today though

Comments

• Options
    took some damn good corners though *sigh*
  • Options
    His delivery at set pieces were truly evil. Completely eclipses Moo2's mistake.

Rotten performance.

Team seemed to prance about as if Scunny were pushovers.

Maybe they would have been if they were pressed.

Starting line up stank of attack..........in all after 90 mins the performance stank of dung.

Good turnout of away fans. Latimer made a point how we made up 1/5 of the attendance. Compare that when at Anfield? Not out fault....just Premiership anal retention.

Roll on Palarse. We're still 5th................ how? Miracle.

*starts crying*
  • Options
    Ambrose back to his worst lats.

Good to catch up with yourself and ms lat though every time I see her these days and she has a uni friend with her it makes me feel old.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]His delivery at set pieces were truly evil. Completely eclipses Moo2's mistake.

we've been taking the near post corner (without beating the 1st man) for a long time now. if a player is constantly messing up what they are told to do on the training ground, then surely he would stop taking the set peices. this is why i can't blame ambrose as an individual for our continuing crap corners.
    as for eclipsing moo2s mistake, this isn't the 1st time he's been found wanting defensively and it's cost us point(s).
    bougerra's 2nd half 'performance' was comedy of the highest order. both gray and varney were non existant. the midfield and full backs gave the ball away far too easily....................

sorry, going off topic. this thread is (another one) about ambroses bad performance. i will go and post this on the other players crap performance threads.

oh there aren't any :-o
  • Options
    Bougherra was back to his Benny Hill best, falling over the ball and everything

I just don't know what we have to do to get some sort of consistency? How can man of the matches one week change to players that look like they've just been introducted to a football the next?
  • Options
    We scored from Ambrose's corners against Blackpool - two in one game .... two in two seasons is good for us!!! We went about 22 months without out a single goal from a corner/
  • Options
    Okay, Ambrose's set pieces yesterday were totally ineffective ........

But Jeez, get off the boy's back. He'll never perform better if he thinks everything he attempts is going to get howls of derision.
  • Options
    Not wishing to get on the boy's back but if it ain't working from dead ball why persist, simple really I'd have thought or do we go for the 1 in 10 will work out principle. If our only tactic too is a near post corner then that too could be easily changed, not rocket science surely. Boughera and Sodje have socred from the back post this season too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Not wishing to get on the boy's back but if it ain't working from dead ball why persist,

I don't understand even if a player is getting his corners in why we don't mix them between a couple of players, i am sure I have seen ZZ take decent corners. So Ambrose and ZZ taking them (and Thomas) surely that would add to the unpredictability of delivery and confusion amongst the defenders
  • Options
    Ambrose's corners were utter frustration. He did well on a couple of occasions to win the corners but then consistently came up short with the delivery. For a player categorised as one of the most technical there are absolutely no excuses whatsoever.

But Ambroses performance was not really any worse or better than another eight or so players. You cant criticise Weaver because he had nothing to do. Mcarthy Holland and Youga were Ok the rest very average.