Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace next Friday

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Just a quick comment before i go and have my tea and wont be back until after MOTD.

Remember the win at Sellout in September ?
Remember the players giving it the big 'un when the final whistle went?
remember who the main ones were ?

Toddy, Reidy and Mills............none will be there on Friday.

Now do you think we will win?

Not a chance. By this time next saturday we will be out of the play-off positions and fighting the likes of Cardiff and Burnley to make the top half of the table. The main reason we lost today was beacause we sold Reidy. If he wern't any good why did sunderland want to spend £4 million on him ?

The players know this and think if the Board don't believe we can go up and need the money more than promotion then why should they bother. £4 mill is a splash in the ocean compared to what we would get if we went up this year. The board don't believe we will - Pardew doesn't believe we will...........now nor do I.

Comments

• Options
    Love the way you put up something thats a wee bit contraversial, then say your not coming back on until after motd.

Just cant see the point of a post like this, other than to get a scathing reaction! Its just strange.
  • Options
    Oh, Golfie ........for crying out loud.

We lost a football match we had more than enough chances to win. That's all.

Our stadium didn't burn down. We haven't gone into administration and there are still plenty of points to play for.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    That isn't the reason we lost today though. Reid wasn't fit for today anyway. He's not playing for Sunderland either. We lost today because we missed chances.
  • Options
    Can we set up a Golfie section/category AFKA?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Our stadium didn't burn down.

Didn't anyone tell you?
  • Options
    How was Reid going to win us the game from the injury room?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Our stadium didn't burn down.

Didn't anyone tell you?

LOL! Kap ..... unless Golfie did it in protest ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]How was Reid going to win us the game from the injury room?

Now you are just being picky
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]How was Reid going to win us the game from the injury room?

People just looking for someone to blame, Stu.
  • Options
    Mmmm ok it's the boards fault our lads couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo today is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honesty Golf......

Lets just do it ... all of us, in one bit suicide bid.... all charlton supporters on match day show how much we support the team but topping ourselves in our seats .....

I reckon thatll get the message to the board...
  • Options
    How long do we have to read this boring wind up.

It cant be a real person, no one is that miserable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Honesty Golf......

Lets just do it ... all of us, in one bit suicide bid.... all charlton supporters on match day show how much we support the team but topping ourselves in our seats .....

I reckon thatll get the message to the board...

Suggest we all shoot ourselves, although there is a chance we will all mis
  • Options
    I would ask the question of anyone there yesterday,how many think we will go up in the top two.I don't mean the hope we do brigade I mean with the head not ruling the heart.After witnessing a somewhat arrogant we dont have to get our shorts dirty against these kind of performance,I dont think we have enough heart.
  • Options
    Never ever thought we would be top 2 fella.

Predicted 4th at the start and choke in the play offs and I'll stick with that.

I do agree that there is some arrogance in our support though.

Its a 2 year plan and we''ll do it next year
  • Options
    things is m8 there is a very fine line between making 2nd and dropping out of play-offs altogether and if we aren't careful we will miss the latter.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I would ask the question of anyone there yesterday,how many think we will go up in the top two.I don't mean the hope we do brigade I mean with the head not ruling the heart.After witnessing a somewhat arrogant we dont have to get our shorts dirty against these kind of performance,I dont think we have enough heart.

Rather than focussing on yesterday, what about extending this to over the last 5 games. Personally I have always thought a play off place, but we could easily drop out of the play off places or rise into the automatics

I am sure Dowie would relish being our potential executioner on the l;ast day of the proper season.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Golfie,

you're not a "glass is half empty" bloke; you're a "glass never had anything in it in the first place" person. I suspect this is a defence mechanism. - Talk everything down to protect your feelings if it all does go tits up; and if things work out better in the end well you can allow yourself to celebrate for a few minutes before putting the dampers down again. It must be hard being you. Me I am happy switching from the euphoria of last Tuesday evening, to the despair of Saturday, and back to the reflective philosophy of a Sunday morning. You've only got one life mate - live it all; highs, lows and mellow middles....;-)
  • Options
    ooh to be you bing ;-)
  • Options
    Top man that Bing fella.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Just a quick comment before i go and have my tea and wont be back until after MOTD.

Remember the win at Sellout in September ?
    Remember the players giving it the big 'un when the final whistle went?
    remember who the main ones were ?

Toddy, Reidy and Mills............none will be there on Friday.

Now do you think we will win?

The main reason we lost today was beacause we sold Reidy. If he wern't any good why did sunderland want to spend £4 million on him ?

I'm not sure what point you are tring to make, Toddy is injured, out for the season, Mills is also injured and most likely out for the season, Reid wouldn't have been match fit. So of those three players none would be starters next Friday, regardless of what club they now belong.
  • Options
    "Don't you realise? .............. Can't you see? ............ YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!"

(c) The Reverend Otto Witt (Jack Hawkins), in "Zulu".
  • Options
    he was wrong.
  • Options
    "Cos we're here lad, nobody else, just us"

(c) Colour Sergeant Bourne (Nigel Green), Zulu

What a film Offy
  • Options
    sergeant bourne for some reason didnt get a vc.
  • Options
    Everyone is so doom and gloom god it gets me so depressed reading this board sometimes
  • Options
    cheer up leftbehind,pick your self up man!
  • Options
    I think Golfie is becoming my new hero! He's a dead pan comedian at his very best!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]sergeant bourne for some reason didnt get a vc.

yeah nolly - apparently he took promotion instead.
  • Options
    God Ive been so stupid.

Im sure when I was born so many years ago I was promised that my football team would always be in the top flight, that they would have plenty of money to buy the best players, that we would always win, and we could share all this fun with a Chairman and Board of Directors fully commited to the club.

Now I have found out someones been lying to me. What a fool I have been.

Hope your tea was nice cos MOTD was shite. (Do you employ food tasters in case its poisoned or do you just trust to luck)