Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Exciting Deadline Thread

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
I've never seen so many stories posted on the OS in one day - even though it's currently running slower than Paddy McCarthy...

We had Aswad Thomas off for a month to try tripe & onions, mushy peas & gravy on his chips at Accrington Stanley.

Then the softly softly breaking of the news of Reidy having a medical and Halford 'possibly' signing on loan.

Then 'Halford motors in' ..... deal done & dusted, loan for the season.

Chris Dickson and his 'freakish knee.......probably done dancing at the hotel'. Don't let on to pards that we already knew Tuesday and how he did it, eh? *big wink*

Reidy's finally gone for 'up to £4 mill, whatever that means.....

And now 'Cooks the books' as Lee Cook dribbles his way from Fulham into the last part of our season.

All that remains is to read about John Thomas joining Portsmouth, which will be posted at 1 minute to midnight.

Phew! Good job deadline day didn't fall on a matchday. They'd be no room for Pards postmatch musings.....

;o)

Comments

• With Cook coming in, i now see Thomas being shipped out as a real possibility. Cook is an out and out winger if i'm correct, something i didn't think we were that short of.
  • edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]With Cook coming in, i now see Thomas being shipped out as a real possibility. Cook is an out and out winger if i'm correct, something i didn't think we were that short of.

I make you right AFKA but.........Thomas and Cook, with Thomas possibly playing right wing instead of Sam - now thats a prospect to moan shout about
  • 'Thomas Cook', cheap deals ....... and 0% exchange rates.

;o)
  • see that West Brom have signed Ishmael Miller permemantly.

Good signing in my book.
  • 2010: WEST BROM in/MANCHESTER CITY out
    Young striker Ishmael Miller completes his permanent transfer to Championship leaders West Brom for - yep, you've guessed it - an undisclosed fee.
  • Sorry, AFKA - our posts must have crossed
  • crackin signin we should try and get sturridge on loan from city
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]'Thomas Cook', cheap deals ....... and 0% exchange rates.

;o)

Lol!
  • Ha! Who spotted on the OS .......... Sankofa's loan at Brentford extended to the end of season?
  • Our old mate Deano's got competition ........

"West Bromwich Albion have signed Czech goalkeeper Michal Danek on loan for the rest of the season from Viktoria Plzen."

Pilzen.....? He must be Lager than life, then.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]crackin signin we should try and get sturridge on loan from city

sturridge at man city looks a proper player by the way. no way can i see SGE letting him go
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Our old mate Deano's got competition ........

"West Bromwich Albion have signed Czech goalkeeper Michal Danek on loan for the rest of the season from Viktoria Plzen."

Pilzen.....? He must be Lager than life, then.

Lol! You and I have got the same sense of humour - must be an age thing.
  • Ouch, Bing ....surely I'm younger than you? ;o)
  • Anyone else watching the poor mugs on Sky Sports trying to whip up a bit of drama and tension as the clock ticks down? Anyone would think it's election night or something.

And what about the various reporters stuck outside random grounds around the country in the hope that something happens. Pathetic really!
  • i know,its a bit OTT isnt it?The poor fella at Pompey looks fcukin freezin.
  • they've had it on in the pub, reporters stationed at all the usual suspects, and absolutely jack all to say. Good old Sky.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Ouch, Bing ....surely I'm younger than you? ;o)

Sorry Oggy, it's just we seem to have been to the same games back in the youth of our days!
  • Isn.t Lee Cook the guy who gave his signing on fee back to QPR to help with their financial plight? I wonder if he's bothered going back to ask for his money back?!

He's supposed to be quality isn't he?
  • that's the one H&G, i'm sure he regrets it now.

I'm on your train BTW Saturday, see you at Kings X

(that message didn't end in a kiss, just to be clear) :-)
  • Tony O'Cascarino has been wheeled out now to talk shite and fill some time.

Clock ticking.

Still nothing to say.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]that message didn't end in a kiss, just to be clear) :-)

I see??!!...;-)
  • Can we start a countdown now? If we get through this with Lee Cook and without selling Thomas I would call it a result.
  • keeping Thomas is a result?
  • 15 mins to go - and they're now talking golf as there's fuck all football to talk about!
  • Ian Poulter looks like he could be moving......:-)
  • Everton sign Anthony Gardener on loan.
  • Remember I said the OS at 1 minute to midnight .........would reveal John Thomas to Pompey. ;o)

6 minutes to go........
  • no way,not now!
  • Stoke signed Glenn Whelan, good signing
  • 120 seconds to go, 119, 118 .......

JT tucked up in bed or in a club .....or at Feratton Park with Uncle 'Arry .....?