Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pardew's comments

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
I have been generally pleased with Pardew and think he is a good manager. However, he really does talk crap at times and I find it tedious. How on earth might a team be "better off" if they sell arguably the best player in that division? He then talks about the Dickson injury and that it is a real shame now because he cant ship McLeod out on loan...How the hell is that gonna help the fella's confidence??? And Pardew please please stop going on about West Ham this and West Ham that. It is obvious you still have a big place in your heart for the hammers but talk to your wife about it would you?

Comments

• I suppose BC you read it whatever way you want.

On Reid i read it as we have to change the shape of the team to accommodate Reid to play his strengths, on the Dickson / McLeod thing i read it as McLeod already had a loan move agreed as he wants to get games, and this has now been pulled as we are a striker light.
  • Pards does have a tendency to be Charlton's answer to Tony Blair when it comes to spin.

You could almost write Curbs' comments before he came out with them so Pards takes some getting used to.
  • I dont think he is clever with his words. The Reid thing may well work out, I hope it does but he should re-phrase what he says sometimes ie... McLeod now has an even better chance to get the goals I know he can...or something like that.. I really hope we keep onto JT by midnight.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]I dont think he is clever with his words. The Reid thing may well work out, I hope it does but he should re-phrase what he says sometimes ie... McLeod now has an even better chance to get the goals I know he can...or something like that.. I really hope we keep onto JT by midnight.

Agreed JT is key and we need him.
  • I read his words as being designed to be sympathetic to fans for Reids departure and putting it in some context. I also think this is his pitch to the players. "Come on guys, the little Oirish master has gone but that gives you Darren and you Thommo, and you Matty and you ZZ a real chance to become legends".
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Agreed JT is key and we need him.

Cook plays same position as JT so it will be interesting if Mr. Redknapp's comments have had the effect that he wanted and made Thomas look for a move.
  • I still think Reid is on the whole over rated and his lack of pace while not a problem so much in this division was in the perm. Also all the pro Reid fans must be all the pro 4-5-1 fans as well, I think there is quite of hypocrisy going about because there appeared to me to be much more anti 4-5-1 and pro 4-4-2 that the stuff about Reid would have you believe.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Agreed JT is key and we need him.

Cook plays same position as JT so it will be interesting if Mr. Redknapp's comments have had the effect that he wanted and made Thomas look for a move.

I take your point but Reid is allegedly a left winger so (in theory!) we've simply replaced like for like.

You know and I know life aint that simple though!