Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pompey in for Thomas?

TELTEL
edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Read on Setanta that Pompey have already had one bid for Thomas rejected, and are expected to come back in with an improved offer this morning.

Comments

• Fine with getting some dough for JT ... even if we sell Reidy as well (which I hope we don't)
  • http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Thomas-deal-would-suit-Redknapp.3729749.jp
  • Sorted swap Thomas for Davies and then Sell Reid and get halford plus 4 million then i wont be able to moan about last day of window.
    Davies is exactly what we need competive young and fast
  • Grant Basey >>>>>>>> Jerome Thomas

Take the money and run
  • Harry Redknapp ?

talking in the press about another club's player ???

surely not !!!!
  • Redknapp trying to sign him on loan but says we want a permanent deal.
  • we need the money now - none of your usual shenanigans Mr Redknapp. No brown envelopes. Just give us the wedge.

Why do Pompey insist on mauling our left hand side (Traore, Hermann, JT) - they can piss off if they think Basey is available
  • surely we wouldn't sell reid and thomas on the same day?
  • looks like Reid's a gonner.
    As for JT, I am happy if we can get a million for him.
  • Thomas is our only player of real prem quality, I'd want a lot more than 1mill for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I really do struggle to see both your extremes Salad of Reid being World class, and Thomas being pub class.
  • edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]looks like Reid's a gonner.
    As for JT, I am happy if we can get a million for him.
    Absolutely Salad...their heads have both been turned so clear the decks and start fresh I say!
  • on his day JT is the best player we have, but have not seen him have one his days for a long lomg time.
  • Free of injury Reid is a very good Premiership class player.
    Free of inconsistency Thomas is Premiership class, but he doesn't deliver productive performances often enough - if he goes it could be a great opportunity for Basey to get some games. And a million pounds banked.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Free of injury Reid is a very good Premiership class player.

Well the proof will be in the pudding as they say. But from my point of view, he was bombed out of Spurs at a loss, and failed to stay consistently fit since with us. He has a good touch and vision, but nowhere near the athleticism to compete successfully in midfield in the modern day Premiership.

I personally feel he will flop again. We shall see.
  • If we sold both Reid & JT on the same day (principally for accounting purposes), we leave ourselves critically short of creative quality.

Sure, if everyone presently in the 1st stays fit, maybe we'll be okay.

But, come on, injuries & suspensions will kick in, and we'll revert to having to hoof it if we can't replace the flair players we seem about to lose.
  • Enter Therry Racon......we will be fine....