Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matty Holland

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
In the last two months, the man has been a revelation.

He took a significant pay cut to stay with us at the beginning of the season and the 110% performances he's put in since his return to the squad have been so good as to keep Jose Semedo, one of the best holding midfielders in this division, stuck well and truly on the bench.

The two tackles he made in the first five minutes against a physical Stoke side yesterday, not only let Stoke know that they were in for a game but let the crowd know that we were up for a battle last night. The fans responded accordingly and were definetly the 'twelveth man' last night.

'Sir' Matty, I salute you. Take your pick from the Massey Ferguson catalogue my son.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2008
    here here! might have lost the goals and a bit of his stamina but he's got all the heart and commitment you could want in a midfield general, performing well above what I thought he was capable of this season and his potential assumption of the captaincy role full time for the run-in could prove crucial

keep it up old matt holland!
  • Options
    Matt holland has never let us down i have never brought in to the Holland is shite camp he earnt his new contract with some magnificent performances at the back end of last year and we missed him loads this when he was out.

Keep it up sir Matt all the way
  • Options
    With the singers a little more concentrated (area-wise) on saturday at Scunny, how about a rendition of "Old Matt Holland had a farm"?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]With the singers a little more concentrated (area-wise) on saturday at Scunny, how about a rendition of "Old Matt Holland had a farm"?

Whats the rest of the lyrics?
  • Options
    I usually don't rate Holland but I was mega impressed the other night.

He looked like a new man

Fair play sonny....you are one of the reason I am not too upset about Reidy's departure (if it happens)
  • Options
    Had a lengthy chat with Matt at the club shop pre season, and he is a really nice bloke who came across as being really committed to the club. Top draw performances and for me the only choice for club captain.
  • Options
    Apparently we are talking to Derby about Matty now - apparently they are offering £500k plus another £500 if they stay up.
  • Options
    I hope thats a lie - Matt Holland is needed at this club right now.
  • Options
    yes it is
  • Options
    lol.....Derby are relegated.....they are already making plans for life back in the Fizzy Pop