Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

trouble at the palace game

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
anyone reckon there will be revenge attacks taken out on the palace fans when they come over? i only ask cos ive got a couple of palace mates turning up. Not that i would be that bothered if they got a beating - mates are mates but they are still palace :)

One just said to me - "there's only ever trouble if you go looking for it" - obviously wasnt at the selhurst game.

Comments

• there will be no trouble.they wont drink in our pubs FACT
  • in a word...........Yep
  • wont be any notable trouble,bring your mates into the pubs mate there welcome.
  • [cite]Posted By: balham red[/cite]One just said to me - "there's only ever trouble if you go looking for it"
    Thats true.
  • this is a football site, lets keep all talk about trouble etc on the silly hollie sites etc.

far too much talk about this game.
  • well said.
  • sink the fukker
  • [cite]Posted By: balham red[/cite]anyone reckon there will be revenge attacks taken out on the palace fans when they come over? i only ask cos ive got a couple of palace mates turning up. Not that i would be that bothered if they got a beating - mates are mates but they are still palace :)

One just said to me - "there's only ever trouble if you go looking for it" - obviously wasnt at the selhurst game.

To be fair he only asked a question. If your mates don't wear colours and don't go singing Palace songs, they'll be fine.
  • you hardly no palace are in se7 when we play them.
  • If there's going to be spontanious trouble it'll be on the trains. I'm guessing they'll be coppers on every train carriage from London Bridge to Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• doubt it there jobs in charlton really,there have that locked down
  • edited January 2008
    I think we're over hyping Palarse as having supporters that will turn up at Charlton looking for trouble. They are a bunch of no marks that at there own ground will attack kids and "normal supporters". There will be approx 450 OB on duty in and around the ground. If like minded people want to have a row they will find a way but it won't be near the stadium. Palarse do not have anyone who is likely to want to fight people who fight back so I believe that there will be no actual trouble but will be a lot of verbal.
  • more than 450 southampton, there were about 700 in September before all the Sydenham malarky

given the London Bridge, Greenwich and elsewhere lot, it will be neigh on 1,000 OB in South East London friday and for that reason, there will not be a happening of any consequence anywhere near the ground, it will be like a warzone
  • The truth is both clubs are similar in terms of fanbase. Posh areas like Blackheath/Carshalton,30s suburbs and less well heeled areas. Just as many Palace fans will come straight from the City as Charlton (in proportion).

Both clubs have a very tiny minority of nutters. What happened at Sydenham was appalling. I would be horrified if there was any such incident involving so called CAFC fans. I was at Norwich a couple of years ago when there was some downright nasty so called Charlton fans.

The vast majority of fans want a good match, a few beers and a win and everyone home safely. The local rivallry is healthy and genuine and I would be happy to share a beer with a Palace fan before or after the game.

The major variation is that we have a decent Chairman.
  • Those "nasty charlton fans" didnt resort to attacking shirts though did they.

Before anyone brings up the Hastings event as well, cant beleive the stuff printed in the press and some of these sites. So far from the truth its unreal.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I would be happy to share a beer with a Palace fan before or after the game.

Only if he was buying you tight git.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I would be happy to share a beer with a Palace fan before or after the game.

Buying rounds for you at the Oak is like painting the Forth Bridge. You drink the pints faster than they pull them. I will get down there on Thursday week to make sure you have a steady supply.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]I would be happy to share a beer with a Palace fan before or after the game.

Buying rounds for you at the Oak is like painting the Forth Bridge. You drink the pints faster than they pull them. I will get down there on Thursday week to make sure you have a steady supply.

My mother drinks pints faster than they can pull them at The Oak.
  • not just shirts palace hater but ones with kids or ones with late middle aged dads,no respect .
  • [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Those "nasty charlton fans" didnt resort to attacking shirts though did they.

Before anyone brings up the Hastings event as well, cant beleive the stuff printed in the press and some of these sites. So far from the truth its unreal.

What I saw at Norwich with my own eyes was enough to tell me we have some nasty types who were capable of being very offensive to younger and less 'physical' Charlton fans. It was pure intimidation and aggression. So god knows what they would be like with anybody else. Its a reflection on society and is just as likely to appear within Charlton as much as Palace. Thank god its a very tiny minority and our club is generally not tarnished with this sort of behaviour.
  • Sponsored links:

• And after the game last night they had Fosters and Guiness left on tap, that was it....
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • we are palace, super palace, from selhurst , we are palace, super palace. All this talk about kicking off is, If like what balham said is that if you look for trouble then your find it, but hoping for a great game and great beer in charlton( and no don't wear colours) and any mugs who goes for shirts and scarfs are just w*****rs and would run and that's both sets of fans. Come on the palace and here's to a great game:)
  • hope its a good game yo,4-0 will do me :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: galway[/cite]we are palace, super palace, from selhurst , we are palace, super palace. All this talk about kicking off is, If like what balham said is that if you look for trouble then your find it, but hoping for a great game and great beer in charlton( and no don't wear colours) and any mugs who goes for shirts and scarfs are just w*****rs and would run and that's both sets of fans. Come on the palace and here's to a great game:)

I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be a massive atmosphere. I hope we stuff you but agreed 100% let the football do the talking, get behind your team, give out some banter and lets have a great night. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!
  • well said bing,im sure it will be a cracking atmosphere and game and lets hope theres no kid slapping after the game.Cmon you rip roarin goal scorin Addicks.
  • we dont slap kids.
  • i meant them!
  • i no mate.
  • Eagle's, Eagle's. No happy slapping from us browny. Most of us are there for the game ans that's what everyone should be going for.