Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Gray (not the pundit !)

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
not seen too much mentioned of his performance last night but I thought he did really well. He brings something that Iwelumo definately doesn't and that is the ability to hold the ball up. With Iwelumo it never sticks and attacks break down but Gray can shield the ball and wait for reinforcements to arrive. I don't think he'll ever be a prolific striker but he'll get his fair share but just as importantly he'll assist in others getting their fair share too.

Comments

• He can control, see whats around him and release the ball intelligently - all in a tight spot with 1,2 or 3 players around him. Was very impressed.

Should have had a goal as well.
  • It's the sign of a quality player when they seem to make time and space for themselves. In the first half Gray did it time and again in dangerous areas. When others get on his wavelength we'll really push on. Also can't help but feel the lack of aimless punted balls had a lot to do with him demanding balls to feet.
  • Two things I noticed about Gray, firstly demanding the ball to feet and coming short to get it, and secondly he was dicating to others to play the ball into space for Sam, Moo2, Crabman and Ambrose.

Commanding, should have taken the chance though
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Two things I noticed about Gray, firstly demanding the ball to feet and coming short to get it, and secondly he was dicating to others to play the ball into space for Sam, Moo2, Crabman and Ambrose.

Commanding, should have taken the chance though

rothers dude, i agree 100% dude
  • should've scored but otherwise impressed, liked the way he kept coming back for the ball, and was finding space in good areas. He'll do well.
  • Looked good, didn't he? Felt that playing Iwelumo alongside him nullified some of his best work as both had back to goal for much of the game, but I understand why Pards went for the extra height. Could be tasty with him feeding Varney's runs into space.
  • Give him a little time to settle and I'm sure we'll see the goalscorer in him too.

With Big Chris leading the line, Gray was obviously told by Pards to play a little deeper and be looking to provide the link up play - the same role Toddy was playing before he got done ...... and nobody had played since.

Now when Varns & Gray play together, maybe Gray would be told to lead the line and Varney doing link up & runs from deeper positions. Then Gray may pick up goals.
  • Looked good and hopefully can only get better
  • Would prefer to see him spend less time with his back to goal. Other than that looked OK. Won headers, caused problems in the centre of defence, tried to make the space to shoot if there were no better option. He'll need a partner, not a 4-5-1 man.
  • He didn't score

He's shite

Sell him

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• He did very well but strikers shouldn't miss one on ones BUT I will forgive him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Would prefer to see him spend less time with his back to goal. Other than that looked OK. Won headers, caused problems in the centre of defence, tried to make the space to shoot if there were no better option. He'll need a partner, not a 4-5-1 man.

maybe he likes it up the date