Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 7.45 KO? Success, failure or too early to tell.

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Seemed to catch a few people unawares and Ledge says there were big queues outside at KO.

I wonder if it had an impact on people not leaving early or if that was just the tense nature of the game and good performance.

Comments

• Options
    There was an accident on A2 that made people late and the Blackwell tunnel was shyte as always with the queue jumpers !!!

Not looking forward to next Friday travel wise Henry esp 7.45
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]There was an accident on A2 that made people late and the Blackwell tunnel was shyte as always with the queue jumpers !!!

Not looking forward to next Friday travel wise Henry esp 7.45

Is Palace 7.45 as well?
  • Options
    I thought all night games for the rest of the season were I hope im wrong and it is 8pm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]I thought all night games for the rest of the season were I hope im wrong and it is 8pm

Programme says 7.45 for Palace but 8.00 for Bristol City
  • Options
    ooh can we have some clarification on this henry if pos
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]ooh can we have some clarification on this henry if pos

The programme doesn't lie.
  • Options
    I was surprised kick off was not delayed because of the A2 accident. I nearly missed ko for first time ever. made it as whistle blew.
  • Options
    I left earlier than usual 6.10pm, managed to get off the A2 at Dartford Heath, but sat in clagged up traffic all the way to Shooters Hill, then there was another delay with the lights or something on Woolwich Common, which was backed up to Shooters Hill OB shop...then couldnt park.....bloody nightmare, ended up getting into the ground 7 minutes after kick off...really surprised the OB didnt delay the kick off as I was amongst a few thousand who were late. So not the 7.45, so much as the traffic problems....still prefer 8pm's.
  • Options
    must admit 8pm is better
  • Options
    7.45 is great as there was time to have a top up on the way home in my local! keep them all 7.45 if possible people will get used to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7.45pm is fine - final whistle still didn't go until gone 9.45pm as it was such is the long half-times and injury time you get these days
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    8.00 suits me from a selfish point of view but it is not a major problem. The other problem i saw was at the train station after with 10 minutes to wait for the next train the platform to london was quite crowded.

but there were a lot of queues outside N stand which surprised me but then I heard there was the accident which is possibly what caused these.
  • Options
    Think it was hard to tell from last night, the A2 accident really not helping
  • Options
    I managed to get the 6 miles home by 3.30 this morning after one or two drinks so a quarter of an hour each way doesnt make too much difference to me.
  • Options
    with all the time wasting/injuries/substitutions etc it ended not far short of an 8:00 ko anyway.
  • Options
    You all know I'm not a fan of 7.45 (I came from home yesterday so it wasn't a big issue, but it's a huge pain in the arse for coming from work), but it's very stupid indeed to have Palace at 7.45, with away fans crossing south-east London as well as home fans. London Bridge platform 4 won't be a pleasant place to be.
  • Options
    'London Bridge platform 4 won't be a pleasant place to be.'

Once again well done the police great planning once again !! I hope you are reading this. Have fun trying to manage it in the dark !!!
  • Options
    A2 accident did not help last night, but 7.45 kick off is still a pain as it involves hoping my boss and my son and daughters boss being kind enough to let us finish early which is not always possible.
  • Options
    Palace game should be fine as about 80% of us will seemingly be down there hours before kick off. In fact i'll be glad of the kick off so i can stop drinking for a bit
  • Options
    I prefer 8pm. The extra 15 mins makes all of the difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but it's very stupid indeed to have Palace at 7.45, with away fans crossing south-east London as well as home fans. London Bridge platform 4 won't be a pleasant place to be.

Why would it be any different 15mins later? Either way people need to travel to and from the same place.
  • Options
    Probably means one more train load of rush hour commuters out the way....
  • Options
    I missed KO by about ten minutes but that was solely down to the A2 last night, one of those things i suppose, Vans are always catching fire in the outside lane FFS !
  • Options
    they usually do if they have a palace sticker in the back window
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    but it's very stupid indeed to have Palace at 7.45, with away fans crossing south-east London as well as home fans. London Bridge platform 4 won't be a pleasant place to be.

Why would it be any different 15mins later? Either way people need to travel to and from the same place.

An earlier kick-off on a weeknight means more people trying to cram onto fewer trains from central London - not everybody has the freedom to down tools earlier. A slightly later kick-off spreads the crowds about a bit.
  • Options
    I prefer 8pm - I come from North Essex and only just made kick off last night.

I also missed getting my £5 first scorer on Lloyd Sam (as I said I would on another thread!

Give me 8pm every time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]they usually do if they have a palace sticker in the back window

lol
  • Options
    i like the idea of a 7.45 ko but its got a major flaw...the next train back to town doesn't fit in with the 15 mins earlier timeframe which meant the platform was rammed pack 7 - 8 deep all the way down...
  • Options
    Whatever time it is the arrival of fans in the Oak for the post match pint will send them into one hell of a tither.

I think for the ease of getting a pint can we stagger the end of the game by taking 2 players of each team in 5 min stages (maybe Danny Mills could be recruited for this task). And perhaps we can choreograph fans leaving the ground as well.

How frigging difficult is it!!!!