Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youga

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
This guy has made a differance. It is a pleasure to see a footballer today who actually appears to love to play. His energy is a driving force to others. The guy really does give 150%

Traggic was magic my MotM that run reminded me of Paul Elliot except Elliot scored !

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Youga had his best game in a CAFC for me last night, the kid was outstanding and I only see him getting better with time.
  • Options
    Contract up at the end of the season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]This guy has made a differance. It is a pleasure to see a footballer today who actually appears to love to play. His energy is a driving force to others. The guy really does give 150%

Traggic was magic my MotM that run reminded me of Paul Elliot except Elliot scored !

spot on, 100% agree
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Contract up at the end of the season

Get him signed on a new contract NOW ...... with the promise of another one at the end of the season when we are promoted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]This guy has made a differance. It is a pleasure to see a footballer today who actually appears to love to play. His energy is a driving force to others. The guy really does give 150%

Magic played well EXCEPT one lapse in the second half where he should have booted the ball clear, didn't and Fuller got in to fire narrowly past the far post. Churlish to bring it up but I don't think he'd have been MOTM if that one had gone in.
    PaddyMac was MOTM for me.
  • Options
    Defination: If you make only one mistake in the whole match - that'll be how your performance is remembered. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Magic played well EXCEPT one lapse in the second half where he should have booted the ball clear, didn't and Fuller got in to fire narrowly past the far post. Churlish to bring it up but I don't think he'd have been MOTM if that one had gone in.
    PaddyMac was MOTM for me.

Spot on LA. I have to say that Magic is starting to live up the to the player we thought his was. He has great ability and sometimes he tries to rely on that alone, hence he will make a few errors but hopefully Pards is working on that side of his game. I think of him as similar to a younger Rio Ferdinand - such talent but sometimes over-confident. If Pards can instil a little more discipline in his game he will be some player.

As for Paddy, he was just great yesterday. I really hope he continues at this kind of level because he will become a real talisman figure for our team. (I did think that he should have stopped winding up Fuller at the end though because he could easily have got a card).

As for Youga, he's is a real class act. Again I think there is maybe some over confidence there on occasions but what a revelation! I'm starting to add Premier League class labels to more of our team and he and Magic get one each.
  • Options
    Was interesting to see Holland give Youga a bit of a bollocking when he made a slight mistake in the first half....he looked back and acknowledged Matty and then Matty patted him on the shoulder when he ran past. I think he will do well in the future...Matty as I said elsewhere is inspirational at the moment, and Paddy was my man of the match too
  • Options
    Holland never gets his shorts dirty, he can't tackle, he never passes forward, he is too nice, how can a central midfielder never get booked?

*takes sarcasm hat off*
  • Options
    i thought matty was excellent last night thought he was everywhere and even got stuck in to some tackles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Article in the back of the lewisham rag with an interview with youga today saying he loves it here and wants to sign a new contract but hasn't heard anything yet so just wants to keep playing well so he gets one. The whole back 4 was awesome last night.
  • Options
    Kelly is going nowhere, also Matt Holland has been immense recently, Paddy is top draw and imo is now our best centre half, should we look for a captain in the furture look no further than Paddy, Weaver is living the dream of going up and is so passionate about the club, ZZ is a class act and looks head shoulders above most on the pitch, and the perfect partnership would be Varney and Gray
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]ZZ is a class act and looks head shoulders above most on the pitch

i was watching ZZ last night and it's astonishing how much work he does.

At one point he was creating havoc on the edge of their box and about 15 seconds later he was winning the ball back in our own box.
    He'd beaten Magic, Youga and Moutakill back there.

I love they guy.
    (in a manly football appreciation way)
  • Options
    I would put ZZ in the same bracket as Andy Hunt, alot of peope used to have a pop at him when he forst arrived, and never appreciated the work he done, adn the oppertunites he created for the team, ZZ is that sort of player, has everything, good engine, technically great, scores regrualry, makes tackles and is tireless
  • Options
    ZZ unlucky not to score last night ...... hit the post.
  • Options
    Let's hope that flights back from Dubai are on time next week
  • Options
    Henry, Will ZZ be back for the Palace game?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Let's hope that flights back from Dubai are on time next week

What day is he playing for China?
  • Options
    He plays on wednesday, travels Thursday night, sleeps all day Friday, gets stuck in traffic tea time ..... ;o)
  • Options
    If he has a game on wednesday then has to travel thursday, i'd question how likely he was to be able to play 90 minutes on the friday. Although he's clearly a fit bloke that's asking a lot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    Although he's clearly a fit bloke that's asking a lot

Wonder if ZZ's married to a fit bird......?

;o)