Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last night's substitutions

Was it me,or did the tempo of the game fall a level after the substitutions.Ultimately they worked with Sam playing that elongated one two with sam.But Thomas
seemed unable to really get into the game where as I thought ambrose was outstanding last night.

Comments

• Options
    I was shocked to see Shazza come off as he dd have a great game
  • Options
    so was i,fully expected it to be sam,but hey what do we know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]so was i,fully expected it to be sam,but hey what do we know.

You know nothink : - )

We were saying the same thing. "why has he taken off the wrong wideman" but Sam got the goal.

I thought thomas did OK and was very clever after we scored. Kept the ball, bought a foul or two, wasted time and should have set up the second when he pushed the pull about 50 yards in front of him and broke.
  • Options
    The ideas of the substitution was to widen the pitch with Sam & Thomas playing as two natural wingers & attacking a tiring defence down the touchlines. Ambrose had a superb game but is not a natural wide man; he always cuts inside & runs across the pitch. Great idea that ultimately worked. Credit where it's due to Pards.
  • Options
    Ambrose had a great game, was also surprised to see see him go off instead of Sam, who seemed to have lost all ability to control a ball for 10 minutes!
  • Options
    I was amazed that Sam didn't come off...he was knackered and kept looking across to the bench when Thomas appeared. After Thomas came on he couldn't control the ball or run with it he was so shagged and i was screaming for Pards to get him off.

What do I know!!!