Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I Would have been gutted

If we had come off that pitch last night without a win,and I think the players would have as well.We played some terrific stuff again despite having the worst (and I've seen some shite) referee I have ever seen.

Comments

• Options
    You feel the relief as much as the joy when the goal went in, with the players as much as the fans
  • Options
    I was feeling relief when the goal went in... i was taking a pee.

Im gutted.
  • Options
    thought the ref did very well ? If it had been one of the "top" refs there would have been 10 bookings two sendings off and 110 free kicks. They added time on in first half re the time wasting, defo one of the better refs.

Did you actully see Rod Styles ?
  • Options
    I actually thought the ref was OK last night. He missed a couple of things but you're never going to be able to stop a team like Stoke niggling away and I think it would have been to our disadvantage if he stopped the game every ten seconds rather than letting it flow.

I haven't seen a replay but I would have liked to have seen the bloke who took Youga out sent off as there was no intent whatsoever to play the ball with that challenge.
  • Options
    Was in front of me although i was agood way back. The guy jumped in and it was defo to take youga out should have been a red card.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]If we had come off that pitch last night without a win,and I think the players would have as well.We played some terrific stuff again despite having the worst (and I've seen some shite) referee I have ever seen.

I thought he was one of the better refs we've had. He let the game flow and wasn't whistle happy like a lot we get. He really should have booked Lawrence for that awful dive, and likewise late on if he felt Thomas went down why didn't he book him? That aside though thought he was pretty decent.
    Rob Styles was by far the worst ref we'll ever get.
  • Options
    I was also struck by the players reactions at the end of the game. I think it meant a lot to them proving they could handle the "best" lumps in the division (fancy having to watch that every week) and on top of matching WBA and Watford I think they must be in the best shape psychologically. Bound to lose at Scunny then!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Sorry but the ref was poor. Missed too much, bottled some big decisions big time (in particular pens not given, inconsistent with/not punishing diving) and although it's nice to see the ref use common sense instead of dishing out cards I felt he was too lenient and in danger of losing control later. I said on more than one occasion that after letting Stoke get away with plenty, that the first card dished out was bound to be to a player in a red shirt. Glad I was wrong but stand by what I've said otherwise.
  • Options
    Liked the way the defence ran up to Weaver at the end......Showed a real team spirit...Just what we need for the run in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Liked the way the defence ran up to Weaver at the end......Showed a real team spirit...Just what we need for the run in.

Spot on, very noticeable and great to see. If ever there was a way to get fans right behind you it's to show them that you care as much as them.

Any players who are viewing please take note.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the ref had a decent game last night

only complaint I would have had is that their right-back should have received a straight-red for that thuggish assault on Youga in the dying seconds
  • Options
    ref was ok yesterday he tried to let it flow,with stoke its hard
  • Options
    I'd say a 6/10 ref. It could easily got out of hand as it almost did for Griffin's foul on Youga. A couple of great advantages for us, a couple of baffling decisions (Thomas - pen and the covered end corner that wasn't) but overall let it flow and kept authority whilst keeping his cards in his pocket and not being the centre of attention.
  • Options
    Apparently the ref is pretty inexperienced at Championship level, only had a handful of matches so far.

Give him credit that he tried to let the game flow and not be the centre of attention.
    That's a sign of a good ref in the making.

Making game defining decisions like giving pens or sending a player off will come with experience.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Liked the way the defence ran up to Weaver at the end......Showed a real team spirit...Just what we need for the run in.

also when youga got foulded paddy stemed in reminded me a bit like brown against bradford when they was kicking kinsella.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Apparently the ref is pretty inexperienced at Championship level, only had a handful of matches so far.

It showed, and if that's the reason for his performance then fair play so long as he improves