Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From Zero to Hero

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Step forward Nicky Weaver!
Can you believe that in the space of a few months that the lad has become a cult figure at The Valley?

Of course you can because that is football and that is why we love it.

Comments

• Options
    WEAVER!!!! WEAVER!!!! WEAVER!!!!
  • Options
    the lad done well
  • Options
    the save at the end was absolutely mustard and you could see at the final whistle what it meant to all the lads as well, he was the first one they all ran to.
  • Options
    I liked his spot of timewasting when let the ball run back through his area and did not pick it up until Fuller closed him down. A couple of good saves and a great take when the offside trap failed
  • Options
    Couple of great saves, but so good to see him come for so many crosses and take them with two hands; not a punch in sight. Every player was so switched on from the start. Well done everyone - and the crowd.
  • Options
    he played very well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I liked his spot of timewasting when let the ball run back through his area and did not pick it up until Fuller closed him down. A couple of good saves and a great take when the offside trap failed

That offside trap must never be allowed to happen again, scared the sh*t out of me when the flag didn't go up!
  • Options
    Weirdly enough, one of my most vivid memories of a Charlton game(s) is when Wolves always seemed to do it to us without that Wolf guy at the back.
  • Options
    The lad played well...great save with his feet when the defense got a bit nervy. Man of the match for me though was...............McCartney and yes I was one of his biggest critics...hats off to the man, and I thought Holland was inspirational as captain. We at last look like like a team both on and off the pitch.