Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton-Stoke: Match thread

Charlton: Weaver; Moutaouakil, Youga, McCarthy, Bougherra; Sam, Holland, Zheng, Ambrose; Gray, Iwelumo.

Subs: Randolph, Fortune, Semedo, J Thomas, Varney.

Stoke: Simonsen; Griffin, Dickinson, Cort, Shawcross; Pugh, Delap, Eustace, Lawrence; Cresswell, Fuller.

Subs: Hoult, Zakuani, Diao, Pulis, Parkin.

Referee: M Haywood

Comments

• Options
    I'm in New York so any updates much appreicated !

COME ON YOU REDS
  • Options
    What a disappointment that Pards has gone with Iwelumo and not Varney alongside Gray.
  • Options
    Yeah, he obviously takes no notice of my opinion!!!
  • Options
    for me that's an incredible decision
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]for me that's an incredible decision

According to the OS Big Chris offers more defensively.
  • Options
    obviously pards thinks that Big Chris might offer more in what's probably going to be a physical contest - Not sure I agree
  • Options
    Gray is good enough in the air defensively

As I said in my previous post on the which pair to field... we should be playing our own football, not chopping and changing with a view to a physical game we can't match even with Iwelumo

Bad decision for me, tough on Luke and I hope it's not one to rue with a hoof-filled evening

COYR! Absolutely crucial to win tonight!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Gray is good enough in the air defensively

As I said in my previous post on the which pair to field... we should be playing our own football, not chopping and changing with a view to a physical game we can't match even with Iwelumo

Bad decision for me, tough on Luke and I hope it's not one to rue with a hoof-filled evening

COYR! Absolutely crucial to win tonight!
    Agree ISaw – we should play our own game, especially with Iwelumo's presence on the pitch usually resulting in a long-ball bore fest.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Agree totally on the playing our own football especially at home - I think pards is pensive about this game as we've got so many games at home against the top teams he wants to kick off with a win here - he probably doesn't care how we get it and thus doesn't want to take any chances. I still would have played Varney though.
  • Options
    Preston one up against the baggies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Problem is, Big Chris and Varney hasn´t looked like a great partnership. Big Chris has played better on his own, and Varney´s best with McCloud.
    Maybe, Big Chris and Gray looked good in training.

Tough on Varney, but the end of the day, Iwelumo has 9 from 28, Varney 5 from 19, and you have to start the new signing.

Varney to come on for BigChris second half probs

COME ON YOU ADDICKS!!
  • Options
    nights like tonight where the ground can really be made up, tough trips for Watford and West Brom and a chance to draw level with Stoke... genuine hopes for promotion means these chances need to be taken sooner or later
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]nights like tonight where the ground can really be made up, tough trips for Watford and West Brom and a chance to draw level with Stoke... genuine hopes for promotion means these chances need to be taken sooner or later

yeah massive game - anyone listening? i can't I'm at work and the other side of the world.
  • Options
    Wolves 1-0 up
  • Options
    I've managed to get TalkSport online but no commentary. Apparently we had a couple of half chances but otherwise not much going on.
  • Options
    cheers CA
  • Options
    shite. everyone with access to the radio must be at the game. no-one in the UK logged on??

i´m in Spain awaiting updates from bbc
  • Options
    Here's the URL if anyone wants to try it – it doesn't usually work for me: TalkSport
  • Options
    Watford a goal up at Sheff Utd :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sounds like Iwelumo and Gray are causing quite a few probs for Stoke,quite an even game at the mo.
  • Options
    dont know about online but the game is live on bbc radio london,94.9fm
  • Options
    dont know about online but the game is live on bbc radio london,94.9fm

No can do overseas. Talk Sport works for me though. Fuller just had an effort under the crossbar. we're getting more into it though. sam had a good effort but deflected off.
  • Options
    Stoke had a half-chance but we've had a few good ones, starting to break down a resilient Stoke side according to the TalkSport update.
  • Options
    too many overseas addicks....im jealous
  • Options
    BBC suggests we have 62% of the possession...
  • Options
    started well, sounds like stoke are coming back into it after we fluffed a few early chances
  • Options
    we always seem to have most of the posession at home but very rarely take advantage.
  • Options
    Here's a live link.

Look to the right and you will see all tonights fixtures, wait for Charlton v Stoke and click on it then look to the bottom left under the stoke badge and click on the listen box, ignore the message that comes up the commentary will start within 5 seconds

http://matchlive.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/mlex/258741/creditation.html?id=ptv10310
  • Options
    plenty of corners.cmon Charlton.........ooooooooohh off the line by stoke defender