Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

crb checks

edited January 2008 in Not Sports Related
is it true you can get one at police station for 20 quid?

Comments

• Can't have a CRB check done on yourself...

http://www.crb.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=381
  • was told ob done them mate,you give them money and they do it,i would like one cos i want to do some charity stuff in my free time,but have been a naughty boy and dont rember exactly when.
  • Go to the OB and ask then mate. I'd be very interested if they did as currently I can't do sports photography for under 16's without it
  • when they do the check mate they still wont allow ya!
  • edited January 2008
    i was told they print them off,probably bollocks,i cant see why i cant know what they no.
  • i like you wss.
  • no chance.

one of the biggest rip offs going. whilst i agree with them once you've had one done that should be enough and valid for a certain period.. Had one for refereeing done and one for for the Taxi knowledge and got charge for both. When I get my badge got to pay for another one.
  • i thought they were valid for two years
  • yeah they are BUT if you do something else that requires a CRB check you have to go throught the process again and can have 3 or 4 of the bloody things going at once. My point is you should have one and then if someone asks you you can produce that one.
  • how did you go about getting yours mate?
  • Sponsored links:

• check the following:

CRB website

essentially you can't get them on your own, but if you want to do charity work and the charity say you need a check they should be able to get it for nothing.
  • The whole thing is a farse because on the other side of the coin employers are not supposed to gain access to your police record without your prior consent but im lead to believe many go ahead without it.
  • Reams I'm pretty sure an employee must give consent for the check.

I know I had to give my old man signed consent when I was working for his cab firm.
  • And CRB checks aren't always recognised across different agencies either. For example I have a CRB check done by the FA so I can work in youth football, if I then go and work in a school they will still want to carry out their own CRB check.

Mental IMO
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]And CRB checks aren't always recognised across different agencies either. For example I have a CRB check done by the FA so I can work in youth football, if I then go and work in a school they will still want to carry out their own CRB check.

Mental IMO

you can ask for them to accept one done by another organisation, but most organisations will insist on their own current one just to cover themselves.
  • i'm just in the process of doing one for a volunteer orginisation. if it's for that orginisation and it's volunteering then the few is waived; you have to ring them up and the orginisation has to be registered with them (i think).
  • edited January 2008
    I dunno if this would be as useful but you can get any information that is held about you on the police system by filling in this Data protection form, sending it to the old bill and paying 10 quid:

old bill data protection form
  • A DPE1 done by yourself at a police station costs about £12 - most organisations go with the enhanced check which costs them about £48