Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield Away

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Just had to go down to the ticket office for another ticket for Reading away!if anyone is interested to date we have sold just over 500 tickets for Chesterfield.

Comments

• Options
    more than i expected
  • Options
    500 - fairly poor. New ground for most and all that, I was expecting more. Mind you - no train options and midweek....................

See you tomorrow.
  • Options
    i would have hoped to sell more than that. hopeully they will shift a few more today cos you cant buy on the night.
  • Options
    Will do 1905,be about 2pm bring beers for the car if you like mate,i will stick to the water though due to the driving.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Just had to go down to the ticket office for another ticket for Reading away!if anyone is interested to date we have sold just over 500 tickets for Chesterfield.

Did they say how many Reading tickets were left?
  • Options
    Ok Tavern will c u at 2 ish.
  • Options
    Yes Barn Door Lisbie!She said about 800 left
  • Options
    good, not got my reading ones yet !
  • Options
    I hope most of those sold are on the terrace. Might have to huddle up for warmth.

My wooly hat is going to get its first airing of the season tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bringing out my padded for this one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Yes Barn Door Lisbie!She said about 800 left

Thanks for that Tavern, hopefully a few might make to general sale.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Will do 1905,be about 2pm bring beers for the car if you like mate,i will stick to the water though due to the driving.

beers for them two???? are you sure?????? put a ban on stopping before milton keynes....

got any ideas of a route? i've not looked it up yet, and as you're taking the trouble makes, i dunno whether to try to follow you ;-)

seriously, know anywhere to park, directions anything?
  • Options
    well i think we'll give the vodka a miss this time....

ill have a butchers on the AA road map. do need to arrange a pub tho to meet.
  • Options
    I know what you mean!She told me about the Vodka storey!It might be a windows down thing so i am not over come with the alcohol fumes!Give her a bell to arrange following us!Setting the navman up for directions to the ground.
  • Options
    oh get you with your sat nav!!! i've got 2 people that can't/won't drive and have no clue, and then buckshee as well. its going to be a sober car as well! hoping to get up there early enough to get a good spec in a pub before the game. looking forward to it.

just this second got the ok from the boss to take the pm off! i'm driving up from canary wharf, meeting at about 1.30 so shouldn't be too far behind you.
  • Options
    Keep in touch via mobile!can meet at a service station.
  • Options
    this is the info that southend got on the chesterfield board :

"There a lot of good pubs in the town depends what you like. You'll be welcome pretty much anywhere. Barracuda, Portland (Wetherspoons), Spa Lane Vaults (Wetherspoons), Chandlers, anywhere on Saltergate. The two designated 'away' pubs are the Chesterfield Arms and The Industry which are behind the away end."
  • Options
    Suzi - I was waiting for you to chime in :-)

We will see if we can get to the M25 before a wee stop this time.

I understand that Tavern has got GPS so will not be needing directions from me and curb it.
  • Options
    I reckon you should save the beers for the journey home
  • Options
    champagne on the way home hopefully!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bottle of water for me and a ginsters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I hope most of those sold are on the terrace. Might have to huddle up for warmth.

My wooly hat is going to get its first airing of the season tomorrow.

i just bought a little wooly hat... it took a while and i dont care what i look like. most of the ones i tried on i just looked jimmy cricket!
  • Options
    lol.

i might try to get one on my way home. i get a new set every year, but always lose em or go off them.
  • Options
    I'm going really looking foward to it.
    A chesterfield mate of fine says the Chesterfield arms is probably the best bet. Aparantly the home pubs have bouncers for most games so i'd assume they'd be pretty much a no go.
  • Options
    couple of weatherspoons in the city centre are meant to be ok probably head to the one near the smaller market square
  • Options
    now that i can't go....

.... i hope its freezing !!!
  • Options
    really looking forward to this one, what with our current form. should be a great atmosphere. maybe almost full. come on lads get yourselves up there. we need a few more for warmth. i'm in sheffield at the mo and it's brass monkeys. almost a frost. maybe see some of you in one of the locals, maybe chesterfield arms. i'll be the one in cafc shirt, maybe i'll stand out if there aren't that many going.

bring em on.
  • Options
    chesterfield arms for me. should be there about 5.30 god willing.
  • Options
    Can you get to Chesterfield via Hull?
  • Options
    she's in a different car to me so i'll be heading there direct with no additional advice on directions!!