Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland and Reid

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
I see these rumours have resurfaced again over the weekend. There is no doubting there is actually something stronger in this other than the usual press speculation, but will it be enough to push to the move through ?

In my opnion, this move should only go through if Sunderland panic enough to match our valuation. Selling Reid for good money (£3.5-£4m) will be decent business in my book, particularly as he is currently injured.

Selling below our valuation though will be of no benefit to us at all. If we were going to do that, then we should of done that at the start of the window so that Pards could of had the funds to play with.

Comments

• Options
    according to someone I know, who's good friends with Andy, he doesn't want to move
  • Options
    We brought a player that could no longer get a game for the Spuds and built our side around him. When fit he has shown his ability and so his price has not dropped, if anything it has increased along with the rise in tv revenue. So we definitely should get more than our £3 million lay out.
  • Options
    Blogspot article on reid / sunderland

We know that Sunderland have the money, hence the bids to Reading. If we have to sell and it is reid that will turn it into a have, then we should stick out for top dollar. If Reid does not want to go, then we keep him. I am less enamoured with Reid this season, than many, but he is a quality player and we should not be losing any player that is above the norm for this god forsaken league. I think Watfords promotion hopes are seriously flawed by Marlon Kings departure. Colin Johns is OK at this level, but OK at best.
  • Options
    The way I see it other than the obvious issue of earning more money he has a similar choice to Anthony Stokes had this time last year, albeit the other way round.

Stokes signed for them instead of us as he saw them going up and us going down.

We could be swapping divisions again in May.
  • Options
    If Reid stays what would your starting midfield be? To me Reids most effective position is ZZ's position and ZZ is most effective there too. Probably our two most talented players would vie for the same position, not to mention that it is probably Ambroses best position too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]according to someone I know, who's good friends with Andy, he doesn't want to move

No he's quite comfy in the local area!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If Reid stays what would your starting midfield be? To me Reids most effective position is ZZ's position and ZZ is most effective there too. Probably our two most talented players would vie for the same position, not to mention that it is probably Ambroses best position too.

Reid in the middle of a four man midfield worries me, as he doesn't have the engine that ZZ has to get up and down the pitch. He needs to be the forward guy in a 5 man midfield, or if we're playing 4-4-2 then he has to go out on the left.
  • Options
    I find it hard to understand how people can say where can Reid play in the team. If the team had been pulling up trees while Reid was out then i could understand some asking the question, but our form since he's been out suggests he has to play, if available. ZZ has been doing well but Reid is a match winner and a class above the rest of our squad, which is why he's the one being linked with a move. That said, if we receive an offer over £3 mill i think he'll be off : o (
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Keane finished in transfer window?
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_3084069,00.html
  • Options
    I might be wrong here but i thought Reidy started on the left of midfield.

Reidy would walk straight into my charlton team. You could easily play Reidy,Holland,ZZ an other.

If we dont go up let the boy decide. you can bet your arse that he would have to work doubly hard to come back from injury to be able to jump straight into a relegation battle, with Reidys injury problems at Spuds i a ma sure he wouldnt fancy it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £3m is peanuts for a player of Reid's quality
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I find it hard to understand how people can say where can Reid play in the team.
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I might be wrong here but i thought Reidy started on the left of midfield.

In my opinion Reids best position is cm, he has played for us a lot on the left but I don't think its his best and most influential place, look at how good he was centrally for Ireland. My question was not so m uch where should we play Reidy, but what would our optimum midfield be when if all were fit.;
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I find it hard to understand how people can say where can Reid play in the team.
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I might be wrong here but i thought Reidy started on the left of midfield.

In my opinion Reids best position is cm, he has played for us a lot on the left but I don't think its his best and most influential place, look at how good he was centrally for Ireland. My question was not so m uch where should we play Reidy, but what would our optimum midfield be when if all were fit.;

I'd have Ambrose, ZZ, Holland, Reid. If we can get this midfield for the rest of the season i think we'll be in the top 2.
  • Options
    with our pacy fullbacks that would be a great midfield - although I'd consider selecting Semedo instead of Holland.
  • Options
    I would be loathe to play a midfield like that with so little width, need one pacy winger at least in my view. So I would lose Ambrose to the bench, have Reid ZZ Holland/semedo and Thomas/Sam across the middle
  • Options
    To solve the ambrose/Thomas debate starting again i propose Mcleod upfront Varney on the wing

there we go sorted relegation battle on again
  • Options
    Keane just on SKY saying he won't be making any further signings so that means Reidy is off his list...........I hope.
  • Options
    If Reid goes, which I don't want. Then we must have a replacement lined up for him - Koumas?
  • Options
    I think Keane says he doesn't expect any more signings, ie. doesn't expect to sign Reid which is slightly different to not wanting to sign him.