Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Iain Dowie Q & A v City Addicks

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
same night. I hope Curb-It and co still go ahead with City Addicks. Would find it tricky to get to The Valley for 8pm or, as it is first come first serve and only 200 tickets available you would likely need to get there for 7pm or even earlier. The beauty of City Addicks is bowling out of work into the pub without the inconvenience of either going home first or having to travel back into London from The Valley to get home afterwards. Could be a pain on the night at The Valley if it is overubscribed and I personally would be pretty peed off if I made the effort to get there to then find I couldn't get in. Surprised it wasn't made all-ticket but tickets to be collected from BoxOffice, sorry Commercial Cente, before the night. Would've been fairer and avoided unnecessary hassle on the night. Hopefully CityAddicks for me.

Comments

• Options
    que?
    has the Q&A been confirmed then?
  • Options
    Can't believe they've been stupid enough to put this on the same night as City Addicks.
    City Addicks, please don't cancel!!!!!!
  • Options
    its an extremely poor situation, and one where i think certain people have made very, very poor judgements, given that date for the city addicks was known more than two months ago.

no excuses really.

i too think the city addicks meeting should go ahead, and ask people to make the effort.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]que?

yes, it was in the programme on Saturday, and will be hosted by the Supporters Director.
  • Options
    Agree city addicks is a great venue
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]que?

yes, it was in the programme on Saturday, and will be hosted by the Supporters Director.

well im not going to get into a public slanging match but i will just say that im very disappointed.
    ill have to talk to dave whether it will go ahead. i cant rely on just this message board to get people to turn up.
  • Options
    and first come first served? who's going to think oh well ill go down and queue up in the cold in the off chance ill get in. dowie coudl be embarrassed himself.
  • Options
    would be pretty churlish if the Club refused to advertise the CityAddicks on the daily email bullitin and I'm sure they won't. First come first served is a really silly idea. Either 400 will turn up and then there is a aproblem or people will think they have no chance of getting in and no-one will turn up at all. Tickets from the Box Office in advance would've been fairer as they then could have announced a sell-out in advance of the night.
  • Options
    City addicks for me.

Surely the club could have arranged this around the already arranged Cityaddicks meeting!! There must have been other dates in Dowies diary?
  • Options
    Seems like a lack of communication here!

Seems strange that Ben is hosting the Q&A and didnt realise about CA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He did realise WSS.
  • Options
    ah, ok.

I think i'll leave this thread now, it was fireworks night last night.
  • Options
    certainly not the intention WSS, hopefully we will all be able to debate it sensibly.
  • Options
    I'll still be at City Addicks, I would have thought it will be a much more relaxed, humorous evening.

And I doubt you'll get Iain Dowie involved in a conversation about fannies :)
  • Options
    Depends whether Simon Jordan gets brought up in conversation Southend!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    It's City Addicks all the way for me!

The programme said that it was because it was an International Week that the date had been chosen, but surely ID is free on the Monday and Tuesday nights too (allowing for possible TV work on the Wednesday).

I agree with others that it's a shame the two meetings clash. Unfortunately, however, sometimes these things do happen. Perhaps the club now "owes us" and we can get Darren Bent at a future meeting! ;o)
  • Options
    Bloody hell, I go away for a weekend and the club's managed to feck up again!

I know circumstances are a bit different this time, but I'm sure there were only 100-odd people at the Curbs one done with BBC London a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    I've applied via email, see Club website, for tickets for the ID Q&A but will offload my one and attend CityAddicks if CityAddicks still goes ahead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite] Perhaps the club now "owes us" and we can get Darren Bent at a future meeting! ;o)

That will guarantee Ollie being there! ;-)
  • Options
    Lol, yeah get benty, just dont tell him i'll be there! He will think i am his stalker ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Just seen this. Was thinking about going to the Dowie one but never realised it was the same day as CityAddicks.

Who's bright idea was that then??? Come on AFKA/Curb_it, spill the beans!

Also agree about the "first come first served" thing. Don't really fancy going down there on the off chance and queuing in the cold only to be told "it's full up, but why not pop along to Floy .... sorry, Bartrams for a Wetherspoon-style experience?"

Can't remmeber the last time I drank p*** lager out of a plastic cup and at an over-inflated price in a Wetherspoons. Maybe they are referring to the decor? No can't be that either as Bartram's looks as though someone forgot to finish decorating. Looks like a cross between an operating theatre an airport departure lounge and a school hall (that furniture!)
  • Options
    Come on AFKA - don't be shy!
  • Options
    I'll tell you at the meeting.

I'm hoping for a good turn out from the Off It posse. Think the player will be one of your favourites.

And no, its not Kenny Achempong...
  • Options
    ..... cum-bay-ah, Kenny Achampong cum-bay-ah, Kenny Achampong cum-bay-ah, oh Kenny Acahmpong.

Which meeting is this then? I'm still undecided which one to go to.

Of course, if you were to give me the lowdown on any untoward shenanigans that have been going on - and tell me who the player is - then this could obviously sway my decision.
  • Options
    I thought that might be the case- Subtlety never has been my strongest point

Definitely should be there- even if i'm not told who the player is! ;-)