Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bye, bye Frankie

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
As WSS pointed out it looks like Frankie Valleys daily musings are going to be no more.

Shame as he is a very sharp mind who could also stir people up on occasion to make for some lively feedback.

You will be missed FV

Comments

• Options
    Shame it has finished but maybe for the best. Seemed to be looking for a reaction rather than just being funny in recent months.

When it was good it was very good.
  • Options
    Used to be one of the best blogs out there ... agree it hasn't been up to normal standards recently but still a pity it's gone.
  • Options
    Very sudden and a shame.

I think it was a real achievement to sustain the standard he did on a daily basis (with minimal breaks) for as long as he did.

Maybe he will come back after a break refreshed unless there are behind the scenes factors we are unaware of that have prompted him to cease.
  • Options
    i think he probably got hacked off after that threat he got the other week... people may not have agreed with what he said but someone threatening that loads of people wanted to give him a slap was a bit OTT. Im sure a few have got a good idea who wrote that.
  • Options
    what was the threat all about Curb_it - got a link?
  • Options
    Why is he jacking it in ?
  • Options
    he'll be back.
  • Options
    no link to it - well i cant be bothered to go back. about someone taking offence to him not agreeing to the minutes applause.

perhaps he's changing jobs and probably cant spend as much time on the computer? who knows.
  • Options
    <joke>Bream Team bought him out... </joke>
  • Options
    FV's blog was the first thing I read everyday. Shame it's come to an end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]what was the threat all about Curb_it - got a link?[/quote]

http://fansonline.net/charltonathletic/mb/view.php?id=914
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]<joke>Bream Team bought him out... </joke>

Don't jest!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]As WSS pointed out it looks like Frankie Valleys daily musings are going to be no more.

Shame as he is a very sharp mind who could also stir people up on occasion to make for some lively feedback.

You will be missed FV

That's a terrible shame if he really is going.

And that thread on Coveredendchoir is far more shameful than anything Frankie wrote about the applause.
  • Options
    The thread on Covered End is horrible, and far worse then FV views.

I liked his style, it was different, clever and bright, shame it's going.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I agree with you Inspector. Being honest and saying you don't like the idea of a minutes applause is one thing, but someone saying that they hope you die screaming is pretty disgusting.

reams seems like a well intentioned fella - despite the fact that he jumped down my throat on here the other day, but then was man enough to apologise - but some of those other "characters" on that thread need putting away. But not that Irving fella - he's a good bloke. (Directors box seat for me now H?)
    ;o)
  • Options
    Definately will be missed. Could be an early April Fools, given the usual nature of his stuff?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Shame it has finished but maybe for the best. Seemed to be looking for a reaction rather than just being funny in recent months.

When it was good it was very good.

I agree with that 100%. The stuff he posted on the minutes applause was very ill-judged.
  • Options
    I missed all that, but I'll go back and look at it now!
  • Options
    Right I didn't agree with what he was saying but once I read the piece about the applause back it made a hell of a lot more sense. He (like some others here) hadn't lost anyone in the 'Charlton family' in the previous year and hence did not feel part of the applause.

I remember some bloke called 'Purps' comments but noone could admit to dirt like that ;-)

Either way, I challenge someoneto come up with a piece like he did on a daily basis with a level sharp wit.

I couldn't
  • Options
    I haven't read Frankie in recent weeks, I don't get as much time as I used to so I head straight for here. The minute's applause thing aside i've always enjoyed reading Frankie and i'll be sorry to see him go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frankie always used to post on the old Beeb 606 Charlton site, before it was deliberately run down & closed.
  • Options
    Haven't read Frankies stuff for a while but it was normally pretty good. As Oggy Red says, I can also remember first reading his stuff on the 606 site.

The reaction to the appluse thing was completely OTT. Hope that wasn't the reason he stopped.
  • Options
    I used to reg post on Frankie and did add the odd comment up until recently but it did loose its appeal and i think that is just due too lack of script. How hard can it be to write something day in day that will appeal to all. Everyone is entilted to opinions and that shouldnt mean you get threatend. i think it may be a wind up more than anything and hope it comes back soon.

good luck fv