Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid

13»

Comments

• Options

he can sing and play the guitar very well as I remember from a lock in at Hardy's one sunday night. he drank one pint all night after we'd won on the saturday night and it was an international break as I recall the following week, so i'll let him off.

Yeah, but he probably had 10 pints before he got down there, then a kebab on the way home!
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Reid gave Pritchard a lesson in off-the-ball movement today. He took him into central areas to disrupt our Diamond midfield, creating space for others to move into and opening up our right flank. On the ball, he dictated the pace and pattern of the game and caused havoc, until BWP was moved onto the right to occupy his space. Clever player with a sweet left foot.

The obvious way to play him, is to get your right back forward and force him backwards. If he doesn't chase back, you can overload their left back area 2v1. It was disappointing that we didn't have that in our game-plan. Perhaps we'll do it in the return fixture.

Or just kick him in the nuts ;0) sorry Andy only joking.

• Options
    As I watched the highlights on the football league show I just wished someone had taken him out early on. Sorry Andy! :-)
  • Options
    Class act that boy. Was the best player in the championship by a long chalk that first half of the season after we got relegated. Magic left foot and superb football brain, loads of ideas. Loved watching him.
    And his attitude was brilliant - remember him celebrating Todorov's winner at Palace like he was one of us, went absolutely mental.
  • Options
    Loved his goal in front of the Covered End when we were 2-0 down against Wednesday at half time, great turn and brilliant curler with his right foot that started a great come back.
  • Options
    A class act , gutted to see him go at the time, this thread makes for interesting reading.
  • Options
    He out ran Pritchard on Saturday but didn't have more than 60 minutes in him; but before he was subbed he had bossed us off the park; agree with Blucher - a class act.
  • Options
    He could open a tin of tuna with his left foot.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Reid gave Pritchard a lesson in off-the-ball movement today. He took him into central areas to disrupt our Diamond midfield, creating space for others to move into and opening up our right flank. On the ball, he dictated the pace and pattern of the game and caused havoc, until BWP was moved onto the right to occupy his space. Clever player with a sweet left foot.

The obvious way to play him, is to get your right back forward and force him backwards. If he doesn't chase back, you can overload their left back area 2v1. It was disappointing that we didn't have that in our game-plan. Perhaps we'll do it in the return fixture.

I really appreciated reading that. I could see that Reidy's skill exposed Pritch's inexperience, but I didn't understand the tatics bit. It's brilliant to have someone who will explain it in a way I can understand. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Lovely player, wanted us to get him and Dawson when they joined Spurs.

So pleased when he did join us and gutted when he left.

Apart from the Real Ales and Fuller's cameo watching Reidy made the forest trip worthwhile, just a shame it was versus us!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was one that happily stood and clapped him on Saturday. In many ways he was born in the wrong generation. He would have been better appreciated 20 years ago.

Lovely left foot. And as Tutt Tutt said he gave Pritchard a footballing lesson.
  • Options
    Did some Charlton supporters boo him at Forest? Why? What di he do wrong? Leave to double his wages at a bigger club?
  • Options
    I don't think he did anything wrong and though there were a few boos at the start, there was a louder round of applause when he went off. Losing him when we did ended our ability of getting back to the premiership at the time I reckon.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Gave it "You fat bastard" etc when he took the corner and he laughed. Majority of the Away End clapped him off too.

Real class player and would probably be in the top half of the prem if he could stay fit.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Anyone remember his goal that never was against us at the Valley when he was playing for Spurs?. I remember him volleying it in the top corner from about 35 yards out only for it to be ruled out for some reason. Might have been offside.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

• Options
    I remember when he was at Spurs and we were playing them one time but he was injured. He was in the lounge directly behind me and was watching me play golf on my PSP at half time and applauding me for good shots and taking the piss when I cocked it up.

Remember driving home from work when it was announced we had signed him and I've not been as excited about a signing for years.

Truly brilliant player, joy to watch and by all accounts a really really nice bloke
  • Options
    Always rememember how he celebrated tod's goal at smellhurst.
    And for that I love the bloke.

But he was a top, top player back then and is now.
  • Options
    Was a class above on Saturday as we have all since in the past when he was with us.

As said above, he gave Pritchard a footballing lesson, but to go further, he gave our whole team a footballing lesson as Reid ran the show in midfield. If we had Reid or someone with the same quality in our side, I would fancy us for play-offs.

When he came off I proudly sung "Reidy! Reidy!" and clapped. Quality player.
  • Options
    now on the coaching staff at Forest .. interviewed today and asked his first impressions of fairly new manager Steve Cooper .. i was expecting him to say .. 'bejesus he's an ugly fecker' .. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love this fella. Fantastic player.

Always has a good word for us, too.
  • Options
    edited January 2022