Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm still feeling very pessimistic...

Although we got a welcome 3 points on Saturday, we were a bit lucky and could easily have lost if Carson hadn't been on top form. We have also struggled badly against Watford & Newcastle during the last two weeks, two of the worst teams in the Premiership so far this year. I just can't see how we are going to win enough points this season; we have a very limited range of attacking options and who on earth is going to score the goals we are going to need?

Wigan & Reading are two crunch away games in my opinion. We have to get a decent return from these two games or we are going to get left far behind. I'll be at both games, but at the moment I am really not looking forward to them.

Comments

• Options
    Since our return to the Prem, for many a season now we have all asked: "Where are the goals going to come from?" Some answered, rather hopefully, "JJ", some said "Bartlett" and the really blinkered, shouted "Lisbie." Len said "Kish." ;-)

None of 'em set the Prem alight, but we weren't relegated.

You never know who's gonna score the goals until they score them.

Have faith.
  • Options
    I'll leave it to those who were there to decide who was the better team, but we've played well and lost before - Portsmouth when we deserved to get something out the game, these things balance out.
  • Options
    Two even teams out there yesterday when you take the game as a whole but we wanted it more and showed them we wanted it more so deserved to win it for that reason.
  • Options
    Were level points with sixteenth..... I think weve looked good most of the time this season.... itd been tricky but with a bit of luck a couple of wins we will push on... weve got something to build on and three clean sheets is excellent.... Diawara has been great.......

have faith Pete..... have faith
  • Options
    Something I have noticed in the past is when people have been screaming for a goal scorer is that we often did better than teams who did have a goal scorer eg. we scored more than Southampton every season despite the fact that they had Beattie banging them in, Palace went down with AJ.

You have to be careful that you do not have a one-dimensional reliance on one player (ie striker) ... now if we had Claus back ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Something I have noticed in the past is when people have been screaming for a goal scorer is that we often did better than teams who did have a goal scorer eg. we scored more than Southampton every season despite the fact that they had Beattie banging them in, Palace went down with AJ.

You have to be careful that you do not have a one-dimensional reliance on one player (ie striker).

this an interesting point Salad, not really considered that. The midfield has to start pulling their weight soon.

Has Rommedahl, as an attacking centre mid, ever scored a league goal at the Valley ?
  • Options
    If Reid can stay fit I'm sure he will start to chip in with some goals. He has already shown that he is not afraid to shoot and has only been denied by good goalkeeping.

I agree about Romm, can't remember a goal from him at The Valley and JT ought to get more goals than he does.
  • Options
    The Wigan and Reading games are crucial both difficult and we could easily be adrift by the end of them what ever happens now its going to be difficult as you can see some of the teams around us having the resources to sort it out in january. Think we have so little room for error already that i cant see any way out. Also seems like we have become largely reliant on two or three players and if Bent or Carson get a knock we might as well start planning for next year.
  • Options
    think you may be a slight bit premature. if we had lost on Saturday, i could understand that view, but with the injured players now back, the next two to four games should show us what level the side really is at.

If we fail to impress in those, then start worrying !