Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I got sunshine..... Booked my Hols, where are you going?

edited January 2008 in Not Sports Related
Nice little family run Villa in Tuscony early June. Booked it direct with the Hotel €50 each a night and flights to Pisa £43 each way.

Will do another jaunt in September (after the Premier fixtures come out).

http://www.venere.com/hotel/index.php?htid=4157&lg=en&tripref=34990

Comments

• Jaunt along to Albufeira then Stone,we need the business...
  • unusually for me I have already booked most of my 2008 allowance, which is:

1st week April - 1 week Majorca - timeshare
    mid June - 1 week isle of Wight - haven holiday (or suchlike)
    mid august - 5 days bahamas (freebie on work)

plus aweek at centre parcs sometime in sept/oct.
  • Golfaddick, not going to Europes number 1 golfing destination? ... does not compute, does not compute... does not compute...
  • wdw.can't wait,kids are going to love it.
  • oooh me too.

February - Blackpool
    Camping in Suffolk in May
    Hen night in Norwich in June
    Glastonbury camping in Somerset in June with a lot of music and no mud
    Benicassim in July with lots of music and less mud
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]wdw.can't wait,kids are going to love it.
    So will you mate, its brilliant out there!
  • Old Hunstanton at the Easter holiday that isn't at Easter this year

Vendee in August so will miss our first game back in the Premiership
  • MCSMCS
    edited January 2008
    Not goin no where, and i aint defo goin know where after the Plane crash debacle last week!

Crazeh Foooooo, i aint flyin! I aint flyin no plane fooooo!
  • Paris and Egypt for you I think MCS...
  • I'm off to Cork this weekend, then Greece in July for a week for a friend's wedding. Nothing else booked yet but will do a big holiday with the missus and planning a long weekend in Paris and another for Edinburgh festival, will probably also do one with the lads.

Always fancied Benacassim, a festival on the beach in the sun without rain and mud is very appealing! What's the line up like this year Suzi?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Not goin no where, and i aint defo goin know where after the Plane crash debacle last week!

Crazeh Foooooo, i aint flyin! I aint flyin no plane fooooo!

How about a coach tour of Europe? Could go to Paris and then on to Milan, Florence, Rome, Naples. You'd love it.
  • edited January 2008
    Todos Santos on the Baja California Sur in a few weeks (the little finger of land that juts out into the pacific underneath California).

Never been to Mexico before, it's only a 4 hour flight - so we figured we might as well give it a go.

Other than that, probably coming back to the UK in September for a couple of weeks.

We get a lot less paid vacation than you lot!
  • End of May we're off to Spain for a week thus missing the play-offs

The last couple of weeks in August we're off to Spain thus missing the start of next season

:0 (
  • Blackpool in feb.
  • First couple of weeks of June i'm off to Meh-he-co
  • Not booked main holiday yet but off to Le Touquet for a couple of days next month, Amsterdam for a stag night in March, Le Mans for the 24 hours in June and probably a couple of nights in Frankfurt in October.
  • [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]I'm off to Cork this weekend, then Greece in July for a week for a friend's wedding. Nothing else booked yet but will do a big holiday with the missus and planning a long weekend in Paris and another for Edinburgh festival, will probably also do one with the lads.

Always fancied Benacassim, a festival on the beach in the sun without rain and mud is very appealing! What's the line up like this year Suzi?

Cork is great, I took Les there for his b'day in October. Great Thin Lizzy bar called el bodrahn (sp?) that we went to a couple of times, played great music in there. We saw the Super Furry Animals whilst we were there at the Savoy venue.

only 3 bands confirmed at the mo, babyshambles - who probably won't even turn up, rumblestrips and someone else i can't remember. i'm sure it'll improve soon! i hope so as 15 or so of us already have our tickets. were having probs booking flights and a villa for the week though....
  • Nice one, will have to look that up, like a bit of Thin Lizzy!

Sure the line-up will be good by the time you go, always has been in the past.

Have always been a big fan of the idea of doing a festival in the sun, on the beach. Don't think the weather has ever come through for me when at one in Britain. It's always rained or been overcast and cold. Got absolutely drenched at V last year, will probably go again this year though as I have a friend who lives walking distance away who will put us up for the night - felt really sorry for the campers I was walking past last year as the heavens just opened at the end of the final night.
  • Thanks to nice Mr Brown and his petrol taxes etc I had no holiday last year and can't see us getting one this year either with the way utility prices are increasing.
  • Just booked 3 weeks in Thailand at the beginning of March!

Can't bloody wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• off to Oz on Saturday week, back 3rd March. Will leave me with 5 days for the rest of the year.
  • Hoping to get to Egypt first two weeks of July - After Dubai last year we realised how much we loved to heat and the lack of kids at that time of the year! (Sorry but don't have any of my own yet so being a little selfish)

:-)
  • "Hoping to get to Egypt first two weeks of July - After Dubai last year we realised how much we loved to heat and the lack of kids at that time of the year! (Sorry but don't have any of my own yet so being a little selfish)"

It's alright for you. We haven't got any kids but as my wife's a teacher we still have to spend our holidays surrounded by them.
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]It's alright for you. We haven't got any kids but as my wife's a teacher we still have to spend our holidays surrounded by them.
    Why does she take her class on holiday with you?
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"Hoping to get to Egypt first two weeks of July - After Dubai last year we realised how much we loved to heat and the lack of kids at that time of the year! (Sorry but don't have any of my own yet so being a little selfish)"

It's alright for you. We haven't got any kids but as my wife's a teacher we still have to spend our holidays surrounded by them.

I do really feel for you both and for everyone else who can't go until the school holidays kick in - but I'm taking advantage while I can!

:-)
  • Oi Large - I'm off to Oz saturday week too - 2nd Feb for 4-5 weeks. If I return after 4 weeks, I will then take a trip to Barcelona in May. Hopeing to travel in South America Peru/Equador next Jan.
  • i dont feel for them.. they got stupid holiday allowance! i only get 20 days and i feel hard done by. mind you i take a few more than 20 days.
    first holiday on 28th feb to the canaries for some winter soul warming sun. god the thought of it just lifts my spirts immediately.

winter sunshine is a must.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i dont feel for them.. they got stupid holiday allowance! i only get 20 days and i feel hard done by. mind you i take a few more than 20 days.
    first holiday on 28th feb to the canaries for some winter soul warming sun. god the thought of it just lifts my spirts immediately.

Ok B - I feel for you too!! :-)

Oh I wish I was going somewhere warm this early - I hate winter!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i dont feel for them.. they got stupid holiday allowance! i only get 20 days and i feel hard done by. mind you i take a few more than 20 days.

You should feel for Oakster then - if it's the same in Canada as with the Yanks I used to work with he'll only get 10 days leave per year.