Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards after Watford

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Pards has said he's now happy with his squad and thinks we'll push on up the table. He said the squad was well balanced but would be onguard with regard to transfers. (personally i'd like to see another central defender). he reckons Ambrose is the best finisher at the club. On Waker he says we're seeking more opinions but his health comes first.

Comments

• Options
    if Ambrose is the best finisher then heaven help us. I reckon he really had to push the boat out to land Gray and that could be the only transfer in unless someone like Thomas goes. I agree the squad is good enough but now they have to show it.
  • Options
    When i look at saturdays starting XI there was no Sodje, Gibbs (i know), Thatcher, Basey, Fortune, Powell, Reid, Semedo, Thomas, Racon, McLeod, Dickson and Gray. And thats off the top of my head. In my mind the squad is definitely good enough and is probably the best squad in the division.
  • Options
    well we dont play like the best squad in the division,now is the time to stand up and be counted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]When i look at saturdays starting XI there was no Sodje, Gibbs (i know), Thatcher, Basey, Fortune, Powell, Reid, Semedo, Thomas, Racon, McLeod, Dickson and Gray. And thats off the top of my head. In my mind the squad is definitely good enough and is probably the best squad in the division.

There a hell of a back-up squad. Hopefully we won't need to dig that deep into it but we are bound to get some injuries and suspensions in the next few months.
  • Options
    Peter Beagrie (who i have alot of time for) stated on Saturday afterthe game that Charlton and WBA have the strongest squads in the league and that he sees us both going up
  • Options
    I can see us both going up them this year and us next though i reckon optimist in me says this but i have a nagging doubt still
  • Options
    Maybe another keeper as back up, and a creative midfilder just in case something happens to Reidy
  • Options
    We will become stronger the futher into second half of the campaign and be promoted to the Prem as Champions (again). Trust in Pards.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I think we'll end up in the play offs and then its a lottery, just hope Palace are not our opponents.
  • Options
    nope, we're going to be in the play offs and we'll play palace in the final.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mayhem !!! Not to speak about blanket waving, flask slurping Valley Golders !!
  • Options
    Pards teams have always been much better in the second half on the season. FACT.
  • Options
    This one needs to be! Signs are good though.
  • Options
    After 30 games last season:

Sunderland were sitting in 9th place with 47 points
    Birmingham were 2nd with 53 points
    Derby were top with 59 points

IF we beat Stoke and Scunny we will have 50 points and be in the mix it seems. League seems about 2 points off from last season at the moment as WBA can get up to 57 points after 30 games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]After 30 games last season:

Sunderland were sitting in 9th place with 47 points
    Birmingham were 2nd with 53 points
    Derby were top with 59 points

IF we beat Stoke and Scunny we will have 50 points and be in the mix it seems. League seems about 2 points off from last season at the moment as WBA can get up to 57 points after 30 games.

as long as we are in the top six and within six points of the top spot with eight to go then that is when we need a good run in. I reckon we can do it.
  • Options
    If results go our way on monday and tuesday we can go 4th. We will go up.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    Our achilles heal is when we go behind (17th place in the league) - we have only won once (sheff w?) and drawn 4 - picking up 7 points. Just for reference, Palace - top of this league have won 5 and drawn two games when they have fallen behind.

Funnily enough, when we have taken the lead, we are also 17th in league by losing a total of 14 points in the process (drew 4 and lost 2).

We also jointly have the longest winning streak of four games (with Watford and Burnley).