Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Stoke game

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
It's probably too late now, but is there any reason why our game against Stoke can't be played on Saturday? Both clubs are doing nothing else now that we're out of the FA Cup. We'd get a better crowd and give us more recovery time before Scunthorpe.

Otherwise I'll end up having to go shopping at Lakeside or something.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2008
    I think the delay due to Stoke going to a replay put paid to this.

I notice that they've managed to reschedule Villa v Blackburn due to them both going out at the first game stage.

and a couple of Championship games. Bristol City v Blackpool and Burnley v Sc**thorpe.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    We went to a replay too though 24 hours earlier stone.

A couple of the midwek games that follow next Saturday have been brought forward to next weekend and I did wonder why we could not have done the same but in saying that I think we should leave things be because playing on a Tuesday would mean Stoke probably travelling down on a day trip where as a Saturday match they would do a Friday night stop over.
  • Options
    Of course we did. Silly me!

But even so, my point was that none of the teams that have rearranged their games went to replays, giving them 11 - 12 days extra to make the arrangements.
  • Options
    I agree with you bringing the game forward would maybe draw a bigger crowd and avoid a void weekend but id rather Stoke had to travel to the game on the day rather than the day before.
  • Options
    The club have already tried to switch it to Saturday at Charlton & Stoke's request but were turned down by the police due to not enough notice being given.
  • Options
    Remember, these days, the police run football ..........
  • Options
    Looking forward to the game though.
    Sixth at home to fourth - should be a good crowd, even though it's a Tuesday night, expect Stoke to bring a good 1500-2000.

Definitely one we have to win, esp. with Palarse sneaking above us on goal difference on Saturday.
  • Options
    Agreed ka.

As Pards has said, we now have to play, Stoke, Palace, WBA, Watford and Bristol City at home.

All of those games bar WBA come before March 4th.

IF we win them then we are going to be in a very strong position i feel. There is also no reason why we can't win them all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The club have already tried to switch it to Saturday at Charlton & Stoke's request but were turned down by the police due to not enough notice being given.

Good! I'm away for the weekend and don't want to miss it! Love a night game at The Valley anyway...
  • Options
    Do any of you think that Andy Gray will start?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Andy Gray will start with Varney as long as he does not pick up a knock in training