Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For Son Of Selhurst

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Warnock has done a good job for you guys and you are on a great run, what is your opinion for the rest of the season, do you think you have got enough strength in depth to carry you through. Palace fans expectations are pretty high normally (realistically or not) so whats the general expectation now and what do you reckon on the 8th

Comments

• Options
    palace have picked up 19 of the last 21 points available we've picked up 7 points in the same period... this is doing my head in !!!
    i really thought that orrible git would do nothing at palace but he's properly turned them around , they are on a phenomenal run.......... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah;-(
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Cheer up OoAah.......

Charlton will be guaranteed not to lose in the next 10 days. And Palace won't pick up a single point. ;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The job Warnock is doing is just incredible...and the belief which runs through the team is clear to see. It also highlights how bad a manager Taylor was as NW has done this with almost the same group of players.

Have we got the depth of squad to make it over the finishing line.....provided we sign Shaun Derry I think we will have.

I think most of us feel the same about the rest of the season, in that we have such a great crop of home grown talent. That even if we don't make it this season...then next season will be even more enjoyable.

Yesterday we used 6 players who have come through our own development system and thats without using John Bostock, Victor Moses and Ryan Hall.....all excellent young players.

As for the 8th it goes without saying that I hope we win, but a defeat would be a bigger blow to you than it would be to us.

Either way I know we will compete for every ball, all over the pitch.
  • Options
    Fair play to Warnock, he has brought about an amazing transformation. It makes the rest of the season more exciting for me.
  • Options
    cetainly makes Feb 8th a huge game....I'll be home for that one....
  • Options
    i reckon we will win on the 8th, 3-2.
  • Options
    The Nigels are on a good run - no doubt.

But I reckon it says more about the generally poor state of the league than anything else. Just goes to show that if you can get some consistancy, get back to basics and do the simple things well, you can go on a run and catapult yourselves up the league.

I'm hoping it's our turn for a decent run like that next. We've certainly got the tools for the job and have shown flashes of what we can do - we just need to be more consitant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]The job Warnock is doing is just incredible...and the belief which runs through the team is clear to see.

Either way I know we will compete for every ball, all over the pitch.

So I guess that's Neil Warlock's secret .......
  • Options
    Agree with everything Off It said.

Had hoped Palace would blow up by now. Starting to seriously mirror the season they had with Dowie, though i really hope that doesn't mean we end up with Warnock as manager in two years time.

If they are able to sing 'Number One in South London' at The Valley, i'm not going to take it very well !
  • Options
    This is whats it all about though guys.

Your closest "rivals" battling it out in the league for the ultiamte prize in football (arguably). Its what makes football great. Yes maybe we would like to see them struggling but February 8th is going to be a great day with so many elements making up an afternoon and evening of football to rememeber (for the right reasons hopefully!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep that's right West Side will make it all the sweeter when we dismantle them that night (on the pitch).
  • Options
    Let's just make sure everybody is up for it, right from the start.

Let's make the Valley an intimidating place for the Stripeys.

And if we don't go 2 up in 10 mins, let's not start slagging people off for making a mistake.

Come on. We've really got our part to play!
  • Options
    Yes Oggy. For once i encourage booing.

Lets boo every single Palace touch (like Boro in the cup), get behind the lads non stop and make their young'uns crap themselves.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]The job Warnock is doing is just incredible...and the belief which runs through the team is clear to see. It also highlights how bad a manager Taylor was as NW has done this with almost the same group of players.
    It's very refreshing to actually be able to make a judgement on a manager based on his team's performance. Nowasdays a manager's rating is effectively based on his ability to spend money and to spot a player as opposed to actually bringing the best out of his players especially in the top flight. It's getting farcial.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The Nigels are on a good run - no doubt.

But I reckon it says more about the generally poor state of the league than anything else. Just goes to show that if you can get some consistancy, get back to basics and do the simple things well, you can go on a run and catapult yourselves up the league.

I'm hoping it's our turn for a decent run like that next. We've certainly got the tools for the job and have shown flashes of what we can do - we just need to be more consitant.

This is a moment that will never be repeated, but I agree with off it!

I think in this divison you still have teams like QPR, Norwich and possibly even Sheff Utd who are capable of going on a run and climbing the table quickly. This is a very poor division this season and I'd still freely admit that WBA and CAFC are probably best equppied to get the ball down and out football teams.

Bristol City, were to obvious on saturday and whilst they had quite a bit of the ball.........it was where we were happy for them to have it. In 90 minutes they didn't once get behind are back 4 and turn us round.

Warnocks team is an object lesson in organisation, pressing when we don't have the ball and hunting packs to win back possession. Most teams in this division will give possession away cheaply when put under pressure. CAFC and WBA are probably the exception's to that in that both have several players who are good on the ball.
  • Options
    Palace have been very lucky on the injury (and suspension) front as well.

That won't last right through to May.
  • Options
    It all just a flash in the pan.
    Like the team of the 80's.
    Or was it the team of 08?
  • Options
    Jesus Jim stop it!!!!

You're twistin my melon man
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Jesus Jim stop it!!!!

You're twistin my melon man

So that's what the Happy Mondays were singing. Thanks to putting an end of nearly 20 years of ear-strain.
  • Options
    It's lucky for Palace when the year ends in nine.
    It started in the sixties when Jordan was only one.
    Nine minus one is eight
    We eight Palace
    It's 08 before 09
    This poem is benign.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You've completely lost it , Jimmy ....... LOL!
  • Options
    Some people just aren't the full ticket?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Yes Oggy. For once i encourage booing.

Lets boo every single Palace touch (like Boro in the cup), get behind the lads non stop and make their young'uns crap themselves.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Agreed, the atmosphere that night is going to be brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Agree with everything Off It said.

[cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]This is a moment that will never be repeated, but I agree with off it!

Fug me, first AFKA agrees with me and then Nigel SoS. Somethings wrong - I must be sickening for something.