Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod to Palarse?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I dont think McCleod has had stick at matches more on boards like this,his lack of confidence is nothing to do with the fans as I haven't heard booing at matches.

exactly i haven't heard any boos just cries of frustration as he scuffs/fresh airs another shot

I sure I watch a different game to you. Trying to think where I was when he missed all these chances you are talking about.

I remember Varney missing some real shockers and Dickson fluffing a 1 on 1 which costs us 2 points, yet they don't seem to get the same sort of stick as McCleod.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I remember Varney missing some real shockers and Dickson fluffing a 1 on 1 which costs us 2 points, yet they don't seem to get the same sort of stick as McCleod.

It is the way of the world, if a player is flavour of the month then he can get away with anything, if not he'll get stick for everything. If you remember back to Watford away last season, Lisbie came on at the end and missed the chance to win the game - totally slated on the message boards for days after. There was no mention of the easier chance that Holland missed earlier in the game. Why primarily, because the dislike of Lisbie outweighs the dislike of Holland. Dicksons time will come.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Not sure why the general opinion is that we wouldnt sell to Palace. Why do people think that other than perhaps they are our promotion rivals.

Because you simply don't sell to promotion rivals.

Robert Lee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Because you simply don't sell to promotion rivals.

Robert Lee.

Although at the time, if we had not sold then we would have run out of money and not got promotion anyway.
  • Options
    Perhaps if he had taken the chance he missed against palace and made it 2-0, peoples view of him would be a lot different. Would have made him flavour of the month and taken the pressure off him. Who knows what might have happened.

It's largly academic as I would have thought Grey and Varney will be our first choice for the rest of the season and I can't see Pards keeping 5 strikers. However, selling him to a team that will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season would be a huge mistake.

Can you imagine if he was to score the winning goal for palarse in the play off final!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Still waiting to know the subject of KBslittlesis' post...intriguing!!!!

lets just say the team he felt he had to leave are not best known for their polite supporters