Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you just don't 'get'

Comments

• Options
    I'm just guessing, but does it stand for "Arsehole" - only nobody has told them?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]you can't trust a bloke who doesn't like football something wrong with 'em[/quote]
    I never know what to talk about with blokes who don't like football and end up sitting in silence!
  • Options
    sudoko is a good call!
  • Options
    My list : -)

Grumpy old men making lists of things that they don't get. You're not meant to get them. That's the point. The shock of new/a generation defining itself in it own terms. 95% of it is crap but 95% of everything is crap. (but the Simpsons is THE greatest comedy programme ever)

Grumpy old men complaining things weren't as good as they were in the old days. There never were.

F1 "racing" - just tedious.

Live, love, laugh and be happy

Right, off to sell all my vinyl records and CDs as I've got them all on my iPod now. 21st Century boy, that's me.
  • Options
    R&B & Garage Music Utter Tosh

People who go to Football to Moan or Boo & not support the team, what's the F***in point ?
  • Options
    Great post, so many I agree with (except Sunday roasts and Shameless) but going back to Leroy's original post, spot on with Marc Wooton. Since he first appeared on the telly he's tried 3-4 vehicles for his idea of humour, all very different and none of which weren't funny at all.

Marc, mate, there's a message in there...give it up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    the valley "faithful" that turn up 5 mins late and leave 5 mins early.
    Spot on
  • Options
    *Borat - Cohen thingy . So this Jewish guy dresses like a whiteman pretending to be a black man ? I thought The Black and White minstrals was a huge PC no no but this is ok ?

*Henry Irvin ? ( Henry double check your "pic" onhere mate it looks like Oscar Wilde)
  • Options
    People reading a book whilst walking. What's that all about ??
  • Options
    Would just like to add the following:

People called Colin
    Seafood
    Anyone who takes a bike to work with them (not riding it but folding it up to store in the luggage rack on the train)
    Prawn Cocktail Crisps
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Baby, Princess, Expectant Mum on board signs in cars. Like you're going to say to yourself "I better not have an accident with that one then, coz they'd be really upset!"

Middle lane drivers, people who drive without headlights when it's chucking down, people who still think it's ok to use mobiles while driving, people who chuck rubbish out of car windows, people who park in disabled bays at supermarkets (who aren't disabled), people who who have disabled stickers who aren't disabled, people who do their weekly shopping in petrol stations while you're waiting to use the pump they've just used.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH !!!!
  • Options
    *Shela`s Wheels !! Do f**k off. How is this not sexist ?
    * Garry Linekar.Tw*T that needs twa*ing.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]People reading a book whilst walking. What's that all about ??

Out of all of the above this is the only one that I can agree with, and made me chuckle. People all have different tolerance levels, and find different things to moan about but I don't get why it should be wrong if "you" don't get it.

Music for example, is a personal choice. Rn'B ... what is Rn'B ... ? If you put in Rn'B into google you get Goldie Looking Chain!!!! If you put in RNB, you get the 1xtra RNB chart and in at number two is Erykah Badu with Honey. Now I have seen Erykah Badu live and she can sing. She is what I would class as RNB, as well as artists like Raheem DeVaughn, John Legend and Jahiem. I have an album of each on my ipod, an ipod that was given to me as a present so I could keep all my music in one place and portable, as I like to listen to music when I am travelling ... it makes me happy. As for Garage, I presume that you mean UK GARAGE, or two step or even Speed garage.

Back in the day Speed garage already incorporated many aspects of then UK garage sound like sub-bass lines, ragga vocals, spin backs and reversed drums. What changed over time, until the so called 2-step sound emerged, was the addition of further funky elements like RnB vocals, more shuffled beats and a different drum pattern. The most radical change from speed garage to 2-step was the removal of the 2nd and 4th bass kick from each bar !!!!!!

Now I'm sure this doesnt mean very much to most people but it does to me, and I don't even like UK Garage.

I do however like the music that was first termed Garage which was "The Garage Sound" or "Garage Music" and was primarily music out of West End Records, run by Mel Cheren. Typical examples of the music where "Sessomatto" by Sessa Matto, Karen Young's "Hot Shot," "Heartbeat" by Taana Gardner (and my favourite "Don't Make Me Wait" by the Peech Boys, which was mixed and produced by Larry Levan).

I for one don't enjoy rock, emo/ soft or otherwise, I don't get the Oasis sound, or Britpop. But that's not my bag, and won't diss it man.

I wear my jeans at half mast because thats how I wear them. It's called fashion and personal choice. I see people with their jeans hoisted up, that's their choice but hey ho. I wear tweed hacking jackets and big chunky scarfs. I wear my hair long, bleached, shaved, in braids ... totally my choice.

As I say I dont want people to agree or disagree I'm just saying but WALKING AND READING , WTF!!!!
  • Options
    I don't get people pretending to be 27...
  • Options
    Lineker definitely, and so many other presenters on tele that are the face of GB, annoying as f**k, and come across like trainee police officers: Philip Scofield, Nicky Campbell, Alan Shearer, the sap comedian who does/did 'They think it's all over'..............
  • Options
    I don't get people who post full page essays where a short message will do :-)
  • Options
    I seriously Don't get reading a Womens Body language. :-)
  • Options
    People who moan about 'Political Correctness gone mad'. It's not gone mad, it's just they can't deal with their own bigotry, ignorance and stupidity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Blokes double-barrelling their surname when they get married - putting their WIFE'S name first

I've not heard of this before but I guess it is the sort of thing that happens these days. Quite pathetic.

People sitting on the "outside" seat on a train, ie the one near the ailse, when there is no need. Then they give you a filthy look when you have squeeze past their legs.
    JUST SIT NEXT TO THE WINDOW!
  • Options
    Bitter with creamy heads. Smooth bitter is just shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Flowers at funerals.
  • Options
    The whole Lady Di thing.
  • Options
    PC correctness gone mad and the moralists who think that everyone who hates it is a racist biggot
  • Options
    * bottled fadish beers with lemon in em.
    * Saint Lady Di (really?).
    * Prince Edward(why).
    * Anyone in a gooner shirt
  • Options
    "Baby, Princess, Expectant Mum on board signs in cars. Like you're going to say to yourself "I better not have an accident with that one then, coz they'd be really upset!"

Too right. A much more effective deterrent would be: "Armed lunatic on board"
  • Options
    Goonerhater,

Looks nothing like Oscar Wilde. Do all Victorian actors look the same to you?

Got rid of the vinyl. The dealer said worth at least £15 and that I had fantastic musical taste : -)
  • Options
    I just don't get women full stop!
  • Options
    £15 quid for the lot, Henry? - fiver each on eBay.
    If you had fantastic musical taste. ;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Lots of stuff I agree with, more that I don't. Leroy you are a genuine grumpy old man! Stuck in a time warp about twenty years ago, as Henry says, I guess you are not supposed to "get it". The mighty Boosh, I can understand why some might not get it, but it makes me laugh, ditto Little Britain, but The Simpsons Ledge??? I guess that Homer is probabaly a bit too close to home for your liking - LOL.

Riscardo, my dear friend, garage was a term first coined in the sixties, to describe the kind of music the California "punk" bands were playing, check out the Pebbles Label.
    R n B (Rhythm n Blues) was first coined in the forties, for bands like Louis Jordan and the Timpany Five, and then later on described the likes of Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry.

What that dreary old tosh they call RnB now has to do with it, no-one knows...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite] The Simpsons Ledge??? I guess that Homer is probabaly a bit too close to home for your liking - LOL.

LMFAO - : - ) I'm going to have to start calling you homer now M.