Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

one point gained or two points lost.

The latter for me our finishing today was disgusting and bougy for their goal where the fcuk were u.

Comments

• Options
    2 points lost for me..would of took a draw before the game but i thought Watford were awful and we had enough chances to win it.Still well played though.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    So much possession and so many chances. Two points lost. We should have had the game wrapped up even before Watford scored.

If only we had that cutting edge, although at least we were creating plenty of chances today.

Let's hope Gray settles in quickly - "Oh, Andy Hunt, he plays up front Gray, he puts them away, give him a chance, and he'll score today...."

Tra-la-la.... :-)
  • Options
    Fortune has to play instaed of Boug-error.
  • Options
    From what I saw, I thought generally Magic had a good game today.
  • Options
    Think he's good going forward but as a defender he really worries me,didn't think he or anyone had a bad game today but with Fotune back and Mcarthy playing very well it should definately be the latter 2 that start.
  • Options
    2pts lost - woeful finishing - esp Iwelumo getting himself offisde when Amrbose set him up 1st half.
  • Options
    On overall balance of play/chances created then definitely two points dropped.

1-0 down with the second half ticking away then it's a point gained.

Would have taken a point at the start of the day. but feel quite disappointed with just the single now. For me today was Ambrose in a nutshell - infinitely frusrtrating and yet pops up at the right time (and get's a large slice of luck) for the goal!
  • Options
    Two points dropped. If we can't see off such a poor team then we don't deserve to go up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]Two points dropped. If we can't see off such a poor team then we don'tdeserve to go up.

That poor team, Charlie, have been above us all season, sitting in one of the auto promotion places and earlier led the table by 9 points.

There were periods today when we ran rings round them.
    And we had more than enough chances to win.

So we need to be more clinical in front of goal.

With Toddy injured, our forwards haven't shown that composure & singlemindedness in front of goal or shown a promotion quality - luckily our midfield have chipped in with a fair few - but hopefully our new Andy Hunt can settle quickly and do the biz.

If he does, it'll be money well spent - and could make the difference between a Playoff placing and automatic promotion.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Sorry guys I disagree, never mind lets not pick on the new guys, Youga was clearly at fault for their goal.

He failed to get goal side of Henderson and put in a light hearted leap when he realised he'd been done.

What Watford did was tell Henerson to loiter on the dge of the box instead of in it and by doing it he hoped he would drag Bougherra out of the box for when the ball came in that is why he and Youga swopped markers.

Henderson did nothing apart from that and it's because Bougherra had him in his pocket
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Watford were poor and at one stage we had 11 chances to their 6. 2 points lost
  • Options
    Pards said he would have taken a point any day of the week.Why when most teams have been taking 3 at vicarage Road!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]From what I saw, I thought generally Magic had a good game today.
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]I disagree, never mind lets not pick on the new guys, Youga was clearly at fault for their goal.

Ok my contender for who was at fault for the goal is Moo2. Taking Reams's point, Kelly should have been positioned better, but that happens and players in the area should have still been able to kill the threat, Bougherra was sucked over - an error, Moo2 should have been watching the danger, he was ot covering anyone and not at the last minute chased to cover Ellington. In realisty though, it was a collective error of the defence, Bhoughie and Moo2.

Two points lost, buit what awful conditions to play in.
  • Options
    Watched the game in the Anti, missed thier goal as I when to the bar. Said as Ambrose cut inside "don't f**king shoot, pass it."" What a goal". Have to say 2 points dropped.
    Not beating Watford twice last season sealed our fate, hope this season is not the same.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Watched the game in the Anti, missed thier goal as I when to the bar. Said as Ambrose cut inside "don't f**king shoot, pass it."" What a goal". Have to say 2 points dropped.
    Not beating Watford twice last season sealed our fate, hope this season is not the same.
    I was screaming exactly the same thing at the TV guiness. "FFS don't shoot from there, pass it!!". "Yes!!!". LOL. Just goes to show what I know!!
  • Options
    I was surprised at how poor Watford were (but then again some teams may have thought that about us this season), their lack of form may have contributed to that. Also the conditions were not helpful, but with better conditions I honestly think we would have scored a few more (although the one we did get might have actually been kept out).
  • Options
    Everyone's a bit disappointed that we didn't pick up all 3 points on Saturday - and saying how poor Watford were.

But at times we played particularly well. And when we did, Watford couldn't live with us.
    So perhaps, it was our general performance that made Watford look poor?