Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

They are not happy up norf......

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/list/s37.htm?38

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2008
    at least they aren't ignorantly slating us for doing the dirty or tapping him up

they are aggrieved at the board/manager letting him go, the player and possibly the hierarchical state of modern football, all i would understand in letting one of our own move on to pastures new
  • Options
    their mood has not improved with news that they're trying to sign John Hartson on loan.
  • Options
    He'll suit their style ..... :o)
  • Options
    From the Burnley forum:

Re: The board are furious
    Posted by: Braindead (IP Logged)
    Date: 18 January, 2008 15:21

Andy Gray is a ......

We kick-started his career when he was languishing in the stiffs at Sunderland and he can't wait to leave us.

It is the refusing to play tomorrow scenario that I can't get my head around.

F*ck him
  • Options
    i feel slightly embarrassed by his stance I must say it is a bit over the top.
  • Options
    True Ledge, it does leave a sour taste when players "refuse" to play.

However, from his POV, he'll be getting a nice chunk of the transfer fee as a sign-on and he's doubling his money in what will probably be his last big move.

As a result, he is probably terrified of getting crocked playing for them and scuppering his last pay day and setting himself up for life financially.
  • Options
    Right, Ormy.

Plus from a late-ish career move, he probably sees Charlton as a bigger club and a better vehicle than Burnley to win promotion back to the Prem. And one last stab at playing in the Prem to prove to himself that he's still good enough to do it.

So, from his perspective, last chance saloon for a number of professional reasons.

It might make him a hungry player if he has the drive and ambition.
    Let's hope so.
  • Options
    MAkes a change for charlton to be the bwad bwoys. fug the norvan munkees I say. if they don't like it they can move to eritrea for a better life, if they like!