Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sell On Clause........

CHGCHG
edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Did we have one for Darren Bent?

Comments

• Options
    I doubt it for that much of a fee.
  • Options
    What we HAVE got is a staged payment agreement with Spurs - meaning they still owe us £12-13m

If Bent gets sold before the entire sum is paid, they have to cough-up the outstanding balance immediately. So, in theory, Pards could get his hands on an extra few £m if Benty moves in this window.
  • Options
    Yep, I was interested as if he went this window we would get the entire amount and then a sell on if we had one, but it looks like we didn't, I guess shouldn't be too greedy, 13bar will do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]What we HAVE got is a staged payment agreement with Spurs - meaning they still owe us £12-13m

If Bent gets sold before the entire sum is paid, they have to cough-up the outstanding balance immediately. So, in theory, Pards could get his hands on an extra few £m if Benty moves in this window.

Do they definitely have to cough up if he's sold? I think it's only £10 mill as £1.5 was based on Bent's achievements and appearances of which he has had few.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Sell on clauses are only based on profit from sale so they would have to sell him for more than £15.5m before we got anything even if we had one.
    If they sell him now however will will lose any chance of the £800k we could get from his apearances and Spurs achievements (£1m less £200k to Ipswich). So Spurs selling Bent now is very bad for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    Do they definitely have to cough up if he's sold?
    According to one of the directors (not Henry) - yes, they do.

My recollection of the deal was that it was £15.5m rising to £16.5m - either way, we're due over £10m (though I don't know if we've paid all of Ipswich's cut yet).
  • Options
    I read on Wyn Grant's site that we have already sold Spurs dept on, which I think means that we get less cash but get it now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]I read on Wyn Grant's site that we have already sold Spurs dept on, which I think means that we get less cash but get it now.
    Very interesting....
  • Options
    My recollection of the deal was that it was £15.5m rising to £16.5m - either way, we're due over £10m (though I don't know if we've paid all of Ipswich's cut yet).

Cheers, i don't think Bent will earn us the top end of his price but over £15 mill was a spectacular deal, however much it hurt!
  • Options
    Have Ipswich been paid their cut in one lump sum or do they get paid pro rata as we receive instalments?

Assuming Benty stays at Spuds, that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2008
    Our yearly accounts show that we pay Ipswich as we get paid by Spurs. That is still Due £10.5m, still to pay £1.748m