Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Week That Was - 18th January 1992. Massivecastle 3 -4 Charlton

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
(Sorry if this has been already mentioned....)

What an amazing game 3-0 down after half an hour only for Liam O Brien to score his one of many career own goals in the final minute.

In between all that - a belter from Barness and a brace from Colin Walsh. 16 years ago ... f*ck me.

Who was there?

Comments

• Options
    me had to get a lift back in a police van to the station as the geordies were rioting outside
  • Options
    MY Favourite away game of all time.Just remember at the back of stand the goerdies doing their nut and us just laughing at them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]me had to get a lift back in a police van to the station as the geordies were rioting outside

Are you sure that was the reason you were in the back of a plod van :-]
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]me had to get a lift back in a police van to the station as the geordies were rioting outside

Are you sure that was the reason you were in the back of a plod van :-]

Ha yes it was for safety reasons
  • Options
    Yes went by coach. Stopped off at The Forresters in Catterick on the way up and got smashed, which didn't take long as I was already in a chemically enhanced state (I was a lot younger and not so wise then!)
  • Options
    what a day
  • Options
    Did virtually every away game that season.

Except this one. Really didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Hang around up Bexleyheath after the pub to meet my mates getting off the coach, and promptly got bundled by the clock tower.
  • Options
    yep I was there, remember it well...
  • Options
    I was there too. Wonder what the crowd was that day.
  • Options
    I was playing football that day.

My mate was feeding the lino the Charlton scores to pass on to me playing on the right wing.
    Charlton went a goal down, then 2 & 3 - and they were both loving it, winding me up.

In our 2nd half, I asked if they'd been any further score but they said no, lucky to be still 3-0 - you're getting hammered.
    It was only when I came off at the end off my match and saw the scores on the telly that I knew we'd one 4-3.

And my b*stard mate knew all along! LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    14000 i think it was. Then Keegan came in for the next game and the world and his wife turned up.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Full details here from last year: null
  • Options
    I remember coming out of the corner section trying not to smile and muttering 'conjunctivitis' in my best geordie accent until we'd dropped down into the town.

There were some right little urchins hanging about waiting to kill anyone that came further south than Hartlepool.

I remember Barney pulling one back before half time, running over to usa dn giving large to a charlton fan who had been giving him some right abuse about two minutes earlier. Didn't Andy Hunt score for them?

It was definitely Ardilles last game for them.
  • Options
    massive club newcastle , less than 16,000 that day .

remember singing "1-3 , 1-3 , 1-3" to them as Barness goal went in and the look on their faces as the fourth went in , nice.
  • Options
    I was there.
    In fact this was the season in which I went to every League, FA Cup and League Cup game home & away.

If anyone ever feels like criticising Pards again, think first, and think of this match.