Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Benty

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Despite getting the plaudits in the papers, am i the only one who thought he was off colour yesterday ?

He seems to have lost a little spark and self-confidence to me, and doesn't appears as happy and natural on the pitch as he used to.

Am i the only one thinking this ?

Comments

• No, AFKA, I agree with you 100%. That chance in the first half when Reid floated in the cross and Bent just waved a foot at it rather than diving in with his head was the classic sign of a player with limited confidence.
  • I think he has had too long a run in the side with no real creative players.

Finished last season with Kish and Holland behind him and until Reid and Thomas came back into the side their was no creativity.

When you are constantly making little runs and decoys with no success it will be confidence draining but with the creativity we now have we should see a different player.

He could do with tucking away a couple of one on ones on Tuesday night.
  • I'll be surprised if Dowie risks him on Tuesday. He looked to be limping a little as he came off the pitch on Saturday and there is no way he should be risked; got to be Marcus up front, with run-outs for Ambrose, Kish, Hughes etc.
  • What's happened to Pouso? I see he's played in a couple of reserve games recently, is he not deemed to be up to first team standard?
  • got to disagree, we should be playing our strongest team on Tues

place in the last eight is a big prize esp. with Arse, Chels, Spurs, Man U all likely to be in the draw
    could be a cracking tie for fans and players alike if we can get through

I hope and expect to see D Bent and Carson playing
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]got to disagree, we should be playing our strongest team on Tues

place in the last eight is a big prize esp. with Arse, Chels, Spurs, Man U all likely to be in the draw
    could be a cracking tie for fans and players alike if we can get through

I hope and expect to see D Bent and Carson playing

I don't think Liverpool will let Carson play as part of the loan terms, at least that is what a Liverpool fan told me.

As for D Bent depends on whether he has still got that tight hamstring. I wouldn't risk him if he has. This might be a game for Walker to show what he can or cannot do.
  • Carson won't play, we need Myhre or Andersen to get some first team experience.

I'd rest D. Bent and play marcus Bent and JFH, we need to keep them match fit and maybe give Walker and Pouso a run out.
  • There's also the chance of drawing the winners of Notts County and Wycombe (is it?) in the quarter finals and such a good chance of making the Semi's. Our last semi-final was 60 years ago I think!