Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerome Thomas on the way out?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Wycombe and West Ham last season sum up the enigma that is Jerome Thomas in two matches.

I'd like to keep in as he is one of our few players of quality when on song.

If he does go I hope we get a proper fee and don't give him away for relative peanuts like we did Luke Young.
  • Options
    It has always amazed me how Jerome attracts such strong opinions of people. Most of the anti stuff doesn't seem football related, but more perceived of him having a 'bertie big bollox' attitude of himself. Perhaps i was only given falseness, but its not overly something i found on the couple of times i've been in his company.

I think he is a quality player, an excellent outlet and probably the only real flair option in our squad. He gives us real balance on the left, and has severely cut back on the tricks in the last year. The downside is he has struggled to remain fit which has not allowed him any consistency.

I feel if we sell for the reputed £1.5m, then whoever he goes to will prove to get an absolute steal.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    AFKA, i think the other downside is that re rarely has an end product. Be it a decent shot (he seems to lack power) or a really threatening cross. I agree with you on the flair thing and his first touch is quite simply superb.

It is so frustrating to see him beat someone with a bit of skill that would grace any Prem side then hit the first defender with a cross or float it up in the air to give the keeper some catching practice.
  • Options
    I think he is excellent and his positives far outweigh his negs.

His first touch is superb.
  • Options
    I think the fact that he might go to Middlesbro shows he is no big time charlie.

Not unless he is going on the boat every Saturday.

Massive loss if we sell him, he is a cracking cheat, wins loads of free kicks and more importantly keeps hold of the ball.
  • Options
    Danielle lloyd didnt rate his first touch as she gave it all up to Jermain.

i have to say that i think his time is up and as long as we get decent cash for him i wouldnt care if he went. I agree that we all seem to get annoyed more with his careless attitude but what has he done for us lately that miss at Blackpool was attrocious his first touch definatley left him there.

I just wish that the jerome who came on at Spurs when we got spanked and the Jerome who scored against the spuds at home was more in appearence than Jerome that we see now. his lazy attitude was part of his excellence in those days where he fooled defenders into thinking he didnt give a shite also and then ran them ragged.

unfortunatly IMO we need to give it up as a bad job
  • Options
    I really do feel that there is no end product to his game. Crossing normally poor, shooting woeful and as for actual goals, non existant. The much berated Izzy has scored more than him this season in less playing time, even Paddy Mac has two. If we can get 2m plus I'll bit their hands off. I'm assuming that his non-appearance is likely to be down to a dummy spitting moment.
  • Options
    Do you reckon he got the chance to spit it at Danielle
  • Options
    Sounds like all footballers have had the chance to spit it at Danielle!!
  • Options
    I am sad to say but i would have spat it at her as well

this is going to far me thinks