Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fatest Player at the Valley

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Following the mention of peter garland, i was trying to remember other fat boys who either played for us or visited on a saturday afternoon. As a starter, Jan Molby, playing for Barnsley, so fat he rarely moved out of the center circle, but that said was majestic and controlled the game.

Once this thread is done, we could go on to fatest supporters!

Comments

• Options
    John Barnes, when he signed for us was another that still showed silky skills and an eye for a pass but never moved out of the centre circle. Though, he was 36 at the time.

Fattest player now.? The player 'sporting the Derek Hales Memorial Beard' (as uttered by the Beeb commentator at the West Brom replay).......step forward Nicky Weaver.
  • Options
    An obvious one but I remember seeing a very chubby Gazza come on as a sub for Newcastle against us at Selhurst in 1988 and he was different gravy. We were 2-0 up and all over them when he came on (before half-time, I think) and although we ended up holding the lead the bloke dominated. What a player he could have been.
  • Options
    Jorge Costa wasn't called the Tank for nothing .........

And back in the late 60's, I remember seeing us beat Oxford Utd 1-0 and a very chubby Ron Atkinson played midfield for them. He was known as the Tank in those days.

And in the same team was his very skinny beanpole brother, Graham Atkinson. I've seen more fat on a cold chip.
  • Options
    fat is zz too ?
  • Options
    When Barnes played for us my younger brother worked for Le Coq Sportif and delt with sending kits to the clubs Barnes had to have specially made shorts in a size 42"
  • Options
    Andy Jones was another fatty.....
  • Options
    Hillsy's Up has graced the turf once or twice....
  • Options
    Le Tiss was/is quite a portly gentleman
  • Options
    Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is has to be Ralf Milne. When this guy waddled out onto the pitch as a sub at ShitOut Park it was stunning. You could hear the collective thought "jesus , he has a bigger bear gut then BeerGut Bertty from BeerGut Athletic in the Sunday Beer Gut League". His shirt didnt evenr eally fit over it !!
  • Options
    David Whyte, Whyte, Whyte had an arse the size of the QE2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After his series of abject, couldn't give a toss displays, culminating in a shrug to those berating him for casually ceding possession that lead to another Arse goal at Sellout (Martin Hayes?), it was comforting to learn that Fatty Milne was voted Fergie's worst ever signing at Utd. Didn't stop the mercenary lump scoring against us though.
  • Options
    All our old boys score against us Paddy. All of them. Even Kevin Lisbie. And even Ralph Milne.
  • Options
    One of those unwritten football laws I suppose. Just wondering how many of ours do it to their former employees - Ambrose the most recent that springs to mind.
  • Options
    Fat eddie murphy he is just a fat eddie murphy

JFH the latest Fattie at the club, Can we include that Fat physio we had
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Fat eddie murphy he is just a fat eddie murphy

JFH the latest Fattie at the club, Can we include that Fat physio we had[/quote]

I always thought he was the dietician, not a physio.
  • Options
    I dread to imagine the size Reidy will be when he comes back. All Christmas off, with the family, pickles and nibbles all over the gaff.

He won't be slim thats for sure
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Stevie Brown was rather large and I remember Robert Lee returning late in his career with an enormous backside. Johnny Oostergaard was also in the brick wall category.
  • Options
    there was a really fat guy who played for Norwich against us, must've been 10-12 yrs ago now but can't remember his name. most the crowd were laughing.
  • Options
    Scott Houghton. Rather short, dumpy and not very good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Talal_El_Willscorie[/cite]there was a really fat guy who played for Norwich against us, must've been 10-12 yrs ago now but can't remember his name. most the crowd were laughing.

Keith O'Neil
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we count the charity match in 'Fattest Player at the Valley' ?
  • Options
    No because it's unfair on you
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]No because it's unfair on you[/quote]

LOL V.Good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]No because it's unfair on you

I'll sort you out at Watford, splitter

You are going, arent you?