Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Future Sponsorship...

WSSWSS
edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Just reading Marketing Week, and i was surprised to see the Charlton logo in there. Basically its an article that is announcing that we are seeking a new sponsor.

Just some snippets from it:

-Llanera have paid up in total for 2007/08
-We are offering 55% of all our stadium branding and a two tier fee system (due to different media prices between Championsip and Premiership)
-We want a 3 or 4 year contract
-No chance of a alcohol company being sponsor as we don't want to damage our image in the community and it is our policy not to seperate the club and community programme sponsorships.

Comments

• Options
    think the alcohol thing is a bit OTT.

Beggars can't be choosers and all that.

If the club maintains such a strong stance on alcohol, why do they sell it throughout the ground ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

If the club maintains such a strong stance on alcohol, why do they sell it throughout the ground ?

Not for much longer. Will be banned completely from next season in and around the ground That's why they have been buying up pubs like the Horse and Groom and then closing them down. The Oak will be next. The con club has been forced to charge entry and the Liberal will be CIU members only.
  • Options
    No point with Booze shirt sponsors, as they'll be banned from kids shirts in the very near future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Not for much longer. Will be banned completely from next season in and around the ground That's why they have been buying up pubs like the Horse and Groom and then closing them down. The Oak will be next. The con club has been forced to charge entry and the Liberal will be CIU members only.

I looked at the date to see if it was April 1st!! Is this a local council requirement Henry? Seems a bit draconian.
  • Options
    What about Durex ... ?

Would they sponsor us ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]-No chance of a alcohol company being sponsor as we don't want to damage our image in the community and it is our policy not to seperate the club and community programme sponsorships.

bang goes the zzillion dollar deal with sapporo then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]What about Durex ... ?
    We've split from enough of our sponsors - Durex would be the worse one to have a split with.
  • Options
    Someone like Kingsferry ought to do it with all the coaches we hire for Valley Express.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

I looked at the date to see if it was April 1st!! Is this a local council requirement Henry? Seems a bit draconian.

No, but the new owners are all members of a strange sect that shuns all types of stimulants or fun so no tobacco, coffee/tea or booze. All celebrating goals will be banned and the only music to be played will be tibetian prayer chants.

All the players will be sold and replaced by a team of superfit bald kung Fu masters who have been training in a secret mountain retreat for the past 75 years. Jon Jo Shelvey, who is really a 82 year old monk but don't tell the FA, is the first player to come over to test the water so to speak. No one has sussed him yet so time for phase B.

I know that it will come as a shock but think of all the trophies we will win. Of course we won't accept the trophies as the players must remain pure and avoid all worldly goods.

And season tickets will be free but the new stadium will be on the Tibet/Napal border. Cheap flights and a Yak Express will be laid on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No, but the new owners are all members of a strange sect that shuns all types of stimulants or fun so no tobacco, coffee/tea or booze. All celebrating goals will be banned and the only music to be played will be tibetian prayer chants.

All the players will be sold and replaced by a team of superfit bald kung Fu masters who have been training in a secret mountain retreat for the past 75 years. Jon Jo Shelvey, who is really a 82 year old monk but don't tell the FA, is the first player to come over to test the water so to speak. No one has sussed him yet so time for phase B.

I know that it will come as a shock but think of all the trophies we will win. Of course we won't accept the trophies as the players must remain pure and avoid all worldly goods.

And season tickets will be free but the new stadium will be on the Tibet/Napal border. Cheap flights and a Yak Express will be laid on.

Ha bloody ha, my pisser has been well and truely pulled - I feel such a fool...:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Someone like Kingsferry ought to do it with all the coaches we hire for Valley Express.

Kings Ferry was bought by National Express just before Christmas.
  • Options
    The thing is who would want to sponsor us, for the chances are they will go bust!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Someone like Kingsferry ought to do it with all the coaches we hire for Valley Express.

Kings Ferry was bought by National Express just before Christmas.

I never had you down as a bus spotter?

;-)
  • Options
    I did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Bing you should hang your head in shame.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Bing you should hang your head in shame.

Yeah, I fell for that one, hook line and total plonker! (Note to self:- If it sounds far fetched, it usually is!!)
  • Options
    Sorry Bing, was just trying to link the other thread about pubs to this one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]What about Durex ... ?

Would they sponsor us ;)

That might suit some of the Johnny-Come-Latelys!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Sorry Bing, was just trying to link the other thread about pubs to this one.

Hakuna matata!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and replaced by a team of superfit bald kung Fu masters

Theyve cloned Danny Mills!?!?!