Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

little chris

play hime instead of izale saturday

Comments

• Options
    i agree,Mcleod looks out of depth.
  • Options
    McLeod just has anxiety attacks.

If ever a player need to go out on loan to regain his confidence, it's Dizzy Izzy.
  • Options
    I think that McLeod's problem, basically, is that he couldn't hit a barn door wi' a shovel. Pace will get you a lot of goals lower down the leagues, but the further up you go, the more ability you need and he just doesn't have it. Dickson looks to have a lot more about him than McLeod - and BTW I'm not criticising McLeod as a person OR as a player - I just think he should be playing more at his own level.
  • Options
    thats what i've said from the beginning
  • Options
    I believe McLeod's got the basic ability to play at this level - it's just all going on inside his head.

He's so afraid to make a mistake that he goes to pieces. Watch how he literally freezes in front of goal.
    I bet he looks a world beater in training.....(!) ;o)

He needs to be loaned out somewhere to regain his confidence, relax and begin scoring goals again without the pressure.

It's the pressure inside his head he can't handle.
  • Options
    I have to say that Dickson did look good tonight. McLeod just seems to be trying too hard and I'd like to see him get some confidence but you can't be too sentimental especially with Big and Little Chris available. I suspect that Pards will play Big Chris with Varney on Saturday because he'll want his height defensively. Dickson and McLeod will be subs.
  • Options
    DICKO ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    whatever it is with mcleod at the moment he still imo doesn't look good enough for charlton as for dicko i think he knows how to strike a football in front of goal so he's already got an advantage over mcleod
  • Options
    Is there not an argument for Varney who missed a sitter and a pen, to be replaced rather than McLeod?
  • Options
    I wasn't there last night, but by all accounts Varney worked terrifically hard, involved in nearly everything we created going forward - at various periods, played centre forward, winger & centre mid.

Just didn't have his shooting boots on. Oh, and that wild penalty........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The answer is simple then, send McLeod on loan to Gillingham for a month.

Razil - you have got to be joking if you think Varney should be dropped ahead of McLeod.
  • Options
    Would love to see Chris D start on Sat but fear Pards will keep him on the bench.
    Interesting selection dilemma though...
  • Options
    Yep, great experience last night for Dicko...... scoring, getting a good strike pushed onto the post, and scaring the sh*t out of them everytime he ran with the ball.

He's strong mentally, not afraid to miss - give him a service and he'll score a fair proportion of chances.
    He can also carve out his own opportunities from nothing aswe saw last night.

I doubt if Pards will start him vWatford but bound to come on if they're are tired legs from last night.

Dicko...? His time will come. He could easily be a Charlton legend in the making!
  • Options
    He is D I C K O, he is D I C K Ooooooo
  • Options
    FAO Sidcup Chris: I agree Varney is playing better, but I think he's more similar to Dicko and would be a like for like swap rather than McLeod who seems to do a different job. Perhaps one could accomodate all three?
  • Options
    I think even pards must have noticed poor iZales body language after the game last night. Sometimes when it just is not working you need to give players a break and send them off to a shrink, Deano said he employed one to tell him he was a great goalie. Maybe Izale needs a cuddle.

If he continues playing him he could just about kill him off.

Varney you can move out wide as he was a winger to start with so that is why he gets the nod nine times out of ten over other Strikers plus he has something about him that if we can get out could make him a good player.

Dicko and Varney upfront with Big Chris and Izale on the bench i reckon.
  • Options
    Varney is a bright footballer, quite happy to drop deep and run the channels to create chances and space. Dickson is an Ian Wright type player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    I think even pards must have noticed poor iZales body language after the game last night. Sometimes when it just is not working you need to give players a break and send them off to a shrink, Deano said he employed one to tell him he was a great goalie. Maybe Izale needs a cuddle.

LOL......!

But in a way, you are probably right.

Everyone in the ground is telling McLeod he is sh*t, that's the message - so if he's a sensitive soul, he's going to have a panic attack and sh*t himself everytime he sees the whites of the keeper's eyes.

It wasn't like this for him last year ..... when he scored great goals and lots of them.
    And everyone told him that he was brilliant.

So pack him off on loan, pack him off to the shrink (if it worked for Deano....!), force him to watch his own
    YouTube video 10 times a day everyday, play him in the U-17's with Jon-Jo so that he thinks he's brilliant again.

Or give him a cuddle. But, Pards....... you've got to give the poor boy a break! ;o)
  • Options
    i think Charlton should employ oggy as our resident psychological expert to help the players mentally overcome their weaknesses;-)
  • Options
    I reckon i could do piece of piss .

how hard can it be to ask a footballer what is the matter, lie to him by telling him he is brilliant the next Ian wright or Gary Lineker destined for the top over and over again.

then give them some tough love by saying actually you could be the next Ian or Gary but at the min your just shite, trying hard but just shite

With Ambrose it would be a case to far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here's a little clip of Dicko doing some business for the Jills.
    Shame he's playing in blue - but it's worth a look:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUwn4nA2gQ
  • Options
    I think McLeod's problem is the supporters quite frankly. It is more difficult for some players to make the adjustment to playing in front of 25,000 people rather than 5,000. If those people don't have any confidence in him and moan and groan then he will lose confidence in himself.
    Chants and cheering for Dickson, who himself has done no more for us than McLeod, are just plain daft. I bet McLeod feels awful. Wouldn't you?
  • Options
    oh right , got it. Didn't realise it was our fault he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo
  • Options
    How many minutes first team action has Mcleod had versus Dickson.

How much time does Mcleod need to adjust.

Time is a luxury we cant afford hence the acquisition of Gray. The step up for Mcleod has been too great pure and simple. He may come good but probably best if he goes out on loan and back next season if we are not promoted.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Forget SuperMac for a mo ......you're meant to be watching the YouTube clip of Dicko scoring goals.

I can't do hyperlinks so just copy & paste the link and watch Dicko scoring goals for fun.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUwn4nA2gQ
  • Options
    Can I be the first to bemoan Dickson's lack of composure, how dare he miss that 1 on 1. TBH if that had been McCleod he would now be getting dog's abuse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Can I be the first to bemoan Dickson's lack of composure, how dare he miss that 1 on 1. TBH if that had been McCleod he would now be getting dog's abuse.

Should we abusing Dickson for making a wrong decision and allowing the keeper to do what a keeper is paid to do?

Or perhaps we should give him credit for reading the opportunity and at least making the run to create the chance himself. Another day, he'll put a chance like that away.

It's not easy to adjust to the pace of a game when you come on as a late sub. Dickson only had 10 minutes to prove himself , but despite his rawness (as Pards would say), he was a real livewire and his movement was causing the Watford defence lots of problems.
  • Options
    i think cfgs was having a sarcastic pop at the Izzy moaners Oggy...

I agree with you though, i think it looks a handful. Bags of enthusiasm, a dent enough touch and really wants to play the game for what it is. I like him.
  • Options
    Read cfgs post again, West Side ........ yeah, you're right. Missed it, but I can see the sarckyness now.

Sorry, cfgs.
  • Options
    that was a poor miss/effort and that's what i'd expect from someone who's only been playing league football for half a season and cost next to nothing