Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Early morning rumours from the BBC

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Steve Sidwell is joining Sunderland on loan with a view to a permanent move from Chelsea. (Various)

The ghost of Scott Parker still hovers over Stamford Bridge then. Financially a good deal Steve, as for football career??

Blackburn are ready to snap up Amdy Faye from Rangers ???? as a replacement for Robbie Savage. (The Mirror)

Fingers crossed then.

Sunderland manager Roy Keane will finally sign Stephen Hunt after tabling an improved £5m bid for the Reading midfielder. (The Mirror)

And so allowing Greg Halford to go out on loan perhaps.

Comments

• Options
    talksport were saying Halford was set for a move to Palarse.
  • Options
    Rangers loan signing Amdy Faye has been told he cannot join Blackburn because he has also already played for Charlton this season. (Daily Record)

Surely we can appeal that he didnt actually play
  • Options
    He did though - against Stockport in the Cup and as a sub against Sheff Weds.

I made the same error as both these performances were instantly forgetable.
  • Options
    That was my point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Rangers loan signing Amdy Faye has been told he cannot join Blackburn because he has also already played for Charlton this season. (Daily Record)

Surely we can appeal that he didnt actually play

Do you think we should appeal to FIFA on the grounds that Mascarano was allowed to play for Liverpool

or do you think FIFA will see it as a frivolous appeal as we are not a "big" club and ban us from the next World cup?
  • Options
    But Dickson has played for us,Crewe,Gillingham is it only a premier league rule???
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]But Dickson has played for us,Crewe,Gillingham is it only a premier league rule???

Who knows?

It is something to do with Faye playing in Scotland which is another federation. So while we hold his contract his registration is with Rangers and the SFA. So he was registered with us, then with Rangers and Blackburn would make a third change. I think this is why his name isn't on the back of the programme but Marcus Bent's is.

I'm guessing but with loans Dickson remaining registered with CAFC all the time.
  • Options
    isn't it to do with players not moving country twice in a season?
  • Options
    I ain't never 'erd nuffink about this rule?
  • Options
    Stoopid fecking rule i cant think of a better club to send him too and then sparky can take him back to newcastle when he goes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't think loans counted towards the '3 clubs in a year rule' (different federation or not).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Stoopid fecking rule i cant think of a better club to send him too and then sparky can take him back to newcastle when he goes

I'd be happy to offload him to any club who'd have him....