Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ebanks-Blake to Wolves

£1.5 mill seems a good deal to me. Pity we didn't snap him up.

Comments

• Options
    Eastwood moves further down the pecking order then. Sign him!
  • Options
    Seems naturaly progresion doesn't it

Eastwood's coming back to Essex....just down the road from Charlton
  • Options
    I think this is one that Pards was looking at, personally i think he is pretty average (Ebanks-Blake that is)
  • Options
    why, do you think we need additional players ?????? evidently CAFC dont, although I note that 13 other Championship teams have so far strenghthend their squads.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]why, do you think we need additional players ?????? evidently CAFC dont, although I note that 13 other Championship teams have so far strenghthend their squads.

It is alright to strengthen your squad but we want the team strengthened, so getting the right players might take a bit longer. Who's to say we are not in prolonged negotiations?
  • Options
    With Anelka???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]why, do you think we need additional players ?????? evidently CAFC dont, although I note that 13 other Championship teams have so far strenghthend their squads.

I am sure you are a very intelligent fella Golfaddick, but if you seriously think that the club have been doing nothing to try to get new players in over the last three months you really need to have a word with yourself.
  • Options
    Look at Chelsea, little club, no money, no European football to offer players but they snapped up Anelka from Bolton on 1 Jan. No messing about negotiating fees or wages. Done deal.

If a little club like Chelsea can act so quickly why can't we.

Anyway we've signed Youga from Scunthorpe. Looks a decent player as well. And no fee so a bargain.
  • Options
    I don't disagree with you Sir Henry, and I'm sure that the club are trying, but it makes you think when 13 other clubs have already manged to sort something out and its hardly new that we require certain players to fill certain holes in our squad.
  • Options
    Golfie - name me some players that have gone to those 13 Championship sides this month that you think we could have realistically signed and would have improved our squad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Golfie. You are a one.
  • Options
    some could have improved our squad BUT I can't think of any that would have improved our 1st team and anyone coming in must be an improvement on the team and not just the squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I don't disagree with you Sir Henry, and I'm sure that the club are trying, but it makes you think when 13 other clubs have already manged to sort something out and its hardly new that we require certain players to fill certain holes in our squad.

Which means 1o other sides plus us haven't bought yet while teams like Blackpool have bought on reserve striker from Hull (McPhee - he'll score a hat-trick Saturday now I've said that!)

I want us to sign more players and wish we'd done it already but we haven't. So we have to wait. What gets me is that it's the same every window. "Have we signed someone yet, we're missing out, everyone else is buying, why does it take so long"

Yet when we buy early eg Varney and Iwelumo that is ignored. I think we also got Moutakill in earlish as well.

If we are looking to buy from below then it would be easier to get players now. If we are looking for loans or purchases from above then we are a bit further down the food chain EG Sunderland buy new defender then afterwards might be willing to let Greg halford go but not before.
  • Options
    Thats not the point - other clubs have done deals, we havn't.

To be honest I have no idea about most of the players bought/loaned by our rivals, although Ebanks Blake looked a big lump to me when we played them - but put himself about more than Big Chris ever does and gave our back 4 a seeing to.

All I know is that many of the players "rumoured" to be targets of ours ( Halford, Spring, Fleetwood,Mclean etc) are just made up by the press - I have heard whispers of a player that could be coming in and due to recent trasnfer dealing by other un-named parties look more likely. If & when that happens I'll pass coment - although at this stage I would say it is probably a step backwards IMHO.
  • Options
    i'm guessing this is the Eastwood rumour which some of their fans are saying?
  • Options
    Wolves are now saying that they haven't yet bought Sylvainian Families Banks. Agreed a fee but not yet a done deal.

And if it doesn't matter than 10 teams haven't bought then why does it matter than 13 have.
  • Options
    Who from the purchases that the other 13 teams have made, should we have brought?

I await the slience
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Who from the purchases that the other 13 teams have made, should we have brought?

I await the slience

I expect Golfie is in bed unlike myself who is at work and you who is on the Net trying to find a girlfriend....;-)