Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe away

Comments

• we should have atleast 1500 up there a load will be sold tomorrow
  • Nine of us on the 10:40 Cheesewright express and the 18:10 home. Can't wait!
  • Any ideas of a decent pub?quite alot off us on the train i am on
  • Tavern will be up there with Tall chap in hat etc. Find a Real Ale pub mate or i`ll never hear last of it !
  • im getting a bit worried about this trip now... seeing how many reprobates are going.
    i dont want to hear no stories on my return.
  • wait till the charlton under 7's ave it then there will be stories i can tell ya

spilt drinks food fights and the odd tear up i dont doubt
    4 hour drive come on bring it on
  • "im getting a bit worried about this trip now... seeing how many reprobates are going.
    i dont want to hear no stories on my return."

Don't worry B, I'll look after him!
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Tavern will be up there with Tall chap in hat etc. Find a Real Ale pub mate or i`ll never hear last of it !
    Nice one we are on the 9.05
  • Something from a Fulham supporting friend on pubs in Scunnie

There is one pub right at the entrance to the ground called 'The Old Farmhouse', which as Bryan Woods informs me 'This pub welcomes all fans but no colours are allowed'. There is another pub near the ground called the Berkeley, a favourite haunt for away supporters. To find this Sam Smiths pub go past the ground (or park there first) and follow the main road towards Sfront-bottomhorpe and it is on the left hand corner of the first roundabout you reach. On my last visit this 1930's/40's art deco pub/hotel had a pleasant mixture of home and away supporters and served good beer in a comfortable atmosphere. The only draw back was that it seemed that you could only park in their car park if you were staying at the hotel, as there was an automated barrier across its entrance
  • How far is the ground from the Station?
  • Sponsored links:

• about 2 miles
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]about 2 miles
    Cheers
  • we could jog it as part of our training !!
  • Noooooooooooooooo cant go the the Art Deco pub id be far to tempted to wander off with some items !!! Love Art Deco wish it wasnt so naffing expensive !
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we could jog it as part of our training !!
    LOL good idea
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we could jog it as part of our training !!

You'd better get the last train up on Friday night then AFKA if you want to make kick off.
  • If people want to do the 10.40 and it doesnt appear on http://www.thetrainline.com then put in London Kings Cross to Doncaster and you can get the 10.40, arr. 12.19 (£32 return)

You can then chuck in Donny to Scunny (12.42 leave Donny) and get returns for 8.20.

Saves you £4 (a pint) rather than going on the suggested 10.10 from London Kings Cross.
  • Got my match tickets, got my tickets for the 10.40 Cheesewright express and after last night I'm really looking forward to it.

949 sold so far
  • really only 949? I thought we'd sell this one out... quite disappointed as we are on the crest of a wave at the moment after the last five performances
  • Does the "Cheesewright Express" still change at Donny? I'm assuming it does?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully a few others will give it a bash after tonight.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]really only 949? I thought we'd sell this one out... quite disappointed as we are on the crest of a wave at the moment after the last five performances

maybe last night will encourage a few more. 949 is what the Commercial Centre said a few mins ago
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Does the "Cheesewright Express" still change at Donny? I'm assuming it does?

Yes
  • 700 spaces, hope some more chance it, tickets are cheap as chips
  • WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    stuff it.

Just booked my ticket and train tickets. Got on the 10.40.

Edit: Train website threw me out at payment stage so i have a ticket and no transport as of yet.
  • c'mon lets sell this one out
  • have now got the right hump im not going.
  • Tempted to drive up, will try and find the money.
  • Bloody train site is driving me insane
  • it does go on the blink a lot WSS, have you tried the actual operator's site?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Tempted to drive up, will try and find the money.
    Good on you